Greetings from Massachusetts!

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, we are excited to be here. My brother, John, and I (Lisa) are metal detecting at his new home in Massachusetts. The home was built in 1683 and owned by a wealthy business man. The property was used as a tavern/stagecoach stop/boarding house centuries ago with a 60-stall barn, farrier, blacksmith, schoolhouse, etc. There is a vernal stream on the property which used to be much larger, and we believe a Revolutionary War troop camped there. We are finding exciting treasures thus far from the Colonial era forward. Our oldest find is a 1723 Spanish 2 Real. Our best find has been a very rare Revolutionary War Massachusetts Militia Uniform Button #5 (only made one year before uniforms were mass produced). But there is SO much we do not know. Many items we simply can't identify, and we look forward to sharing with you and learning from you! We are using a Garrett AT Pro with a NEL Big Search Coil. Thanks for listening!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard John and Lisa! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. Dang - living in a home built in 1683 with a MD - died and gone to heaven!:notworthy: Looking forward to seeing some of your post(s) on Forum > Our Discoveries > Today's Finds! and Forum > Our Discoveries > What Is It?...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, NY! :occasion14:

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Texas

yardgoat

May 15, 2015
Salmon, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Salmon Idaho. Post some pictures of your finds I'm sure everyone would love to see them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions