Illinirelics

Greenie
Sep 12, 2016
West central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites classic II garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! I'm new to the forum after using it for about the 10th time to identify a relic. I bought a house built in 1860 about 3 years ago and not long after my ups driver told me I should either let him detect it or do it myself. A buddy has an old whites classic II that I started to use and fell in love with the hobby. I dug so much junk and nails that I cloud fill a trash bag. I got pretty good with the Whites and still love it, but my wife got me an AT Pro for Fathers Day last year and I have been combing my yard since. It's a four acre yard with huge trees that have to be as old or older than the house. That said I have found 2 silver quarters, 3 mercs, 3 Indian heads, one buffalo nickel, 1 war nickel and too many wheaties to count. Also found a couple Chinese coins called "cash" from the mid 1800's. Sadly I'm finding it harder to have a fruitful day of hunting due to having pretty much gone over my yard twice. I won't know what to when I have to hunt for a place to hunt! Love the site and look forward to sharing with all the other addicts👍🏻

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Illinois for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
I

Illinirelics

Greenie
Sep 12, 2016
West central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites classic II garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked out the Illinois page. Thanks! Looks like I'll be trying to find a veteran to show me just how much I've passed over

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread