OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Jeff, working on one dealing with Lost Treasures in Montana now.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Back!

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Back around 2003 or 2004 I was a regular on here, posting everyday. That was when I lived in Wisconsin, Lacrosse to be exact. I went under the name Free2Dtect back then. Ended up moving to Montana and been out here for close to 12 years now. I had a bunch of good finds years ago and haven't detected too much out here, the area isn't as rich in stuff in the ground where I live, combined with the number of homeless folks on drugs. So I turned my hobby in another direction, researching lost treasures and reading plenty of books on the topic. About 6-8 years ago my wife and I started working on putting some books out. Had a web site on godaddy back then and an LLC. But I was into the writing them and not marketing so things did not develop. more to follow....

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I ended up with a bunch of books I purchased for research and my wife was getting tired of me having so many. Course I knew that some had a pretty fair value and since I had finished using them for research I listed them on amazon to sell. But once a good book is sold, it is gone. So I figured it was time to turn my older works into kindle and print on demand and hope for perpetual sales. We reformed the LLC and got our first book up as a kindle and black and white paperback. She choose to work on my one on odd stories of the old west that I came across researching ghost towns. Then she wanted to get my metal detecting book up, years back Bounty Hunter almost picked it up, but it didn't happen, would have been nice. So I am not posting titles since that might be considered free advertising. The metal detecting book as well as the odd stories of the old west got picked up by several store fronts on amazon, just recently. Today Jeff of PA messaged me a utube link to an add for the detecting book, which I didn't know about, so either amazon or one of the store fronts built that I am not sure yet. Its good if someone does the marketing. So time will determine how things develop this time. Either way those two books are not what I am wanting to work on and am glad they are out of the way for what I enjoy writing about more.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
If you do stumble across my detecting book, it is in kindle and in color which is the best deal, color paperback is over 50 bucks (large file size and lots of photos), black and white reasonable price. But least I got my copy in color. Good thing my wife is handy with computer work. Anyway what I want to work on next is the lost treasure stories on Montana. The well known authors in the past were Thomas Penfield and Thomas P. Terry, Terry I knew and passed away in 2010. I wanted to get some of his older works and typed him in on google and learned of his death. So I figured it was time to get the metal detecting book out because he was the one who inspired me to buy one.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking at what is out there for lost treasure books on amazon I discovered that folks are repeating almost word for word the two authors I mentioned in my last post in this thread. I developed my own writing style and for my lost treasures stories have a little something extra none of the current books out there offer. Currently working 2 jobs for about 65 hours a week and working on the books at the same time. By the way I did discover some lost treasures never covered before in print or the internet. I posted one on your forum over a year or two ago under a different name. I will go see if I can post on that thread. Mysterious Bill Crane I believe it was.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome home. Glad you came back. Hope to see you here everyday again. I may not post everyday but I do look everyday. Good Luck with the book.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought I would post a warning about YouTube having my book on their site. Jeff of PA sent me the link and it shows my book and offers a free ebook if you fill out a bunch of surveys, DONT DO IT! They are after emails and phone numbers, there is no free ebook. I will be contacting YouTube to get it pulled down. Least they seen potential in my book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Sent an email to youtube's contact folks who deal with copyright infringement to get the cover of my book and description pulled down by who ever is using it. Looks like a waiting game till I get contacted back. I did find a spot where they are also using the cover and description for breeding dogs, I guess that comes with a free ebook too. LOL

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone. Time to get cleaned up and some rest for work in the morning. Got another treasure story for my Montana book all formatted tonight. Gotta keep producing.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Been checking in almost everyday, haven't sent an email for prices to advertise yet, so I wouldn't mention the name of the one book I got out. Been busy working on the next book. My wife has formatted it and is impressed at the amount of research I have put into it. I have been proof reading it and am almost 1/3 the way thru it. It will be the first in a series of books covering a state out west.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
No hurry on my part, I want it to be just so. There is a fellow flooding the market with books on a certain topic, he has gotten some reviews that are not too kind. It's a shame because I know the amount of work to get one up, still focus should be quality reading.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread