sundayhistorical

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2016
Richmond VA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, love this website. Just joined. Trying to find a thread I came across a few months ago about a Peter Thomson button US Navy uniform button id`d as the type Admiral Dewey wore. There was a link to a Dewey letter to a little girl Sept. 14, 1898 where he sends her a button. I have 4 of those buttons. Don`t know why I did not save the link in the forum, lol.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can you post a photo of the button. Thanks. J Thomson

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

BTW - Is this the thread you are talking about: Eagle button anchor - cannon balls (Jan 18, 2011)

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

sundayhistorical

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2016
Richmond VA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for replying. Yes, that is the post, but several months ago there was a post on this thread with a link to a rare letter from Dewey dated Sept. 14, 1898 in which he is sending a uniform button to a little girl and it said the button was a Peter Thomson US Navy button. It seems to have disappeared. I copied a portion of it, but need the whole thing. It driving me nuts, lol.

OP
OP
S

sundayhistorical

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2016
Richmond VA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for replying. Yes, that is the post, but several months ago there was a post on this thread with a link to a rare letter from Dewey dated Sept. 14, 1898 in which he is sending a uniform button to a little girl and it said the button was a Peter Thomson US Navy button. It seems to have disappeared. I copied a portion of it, but need the whole thing. It driving me nuts, lol.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard and nice button!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread