Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all. I'm Jay. I don't have a detector yet, but I scour the desert daily by eyesight and find all sorts of unusual stuff. I look forward to sharing some of my finds with you, and hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed reading about yours. Hope you're all having a fantastic night!

Welcome to our ADDICTION

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia! Hope you get some equipment soon and try your luck and learn to read the areas for where to look.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Jay! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. As with all addicts this is your place to shine. Share all you find and join all conversations. We look forward to your eyeball finds. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :hello:

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a warm welcome! Thank you everyone!
I added my location to my profile, but I can give a little more of a background here as well.
My name is actually Jerry, but most people outside work or school environments call me Jay. I'm 34, and grew up about a mile south of LAX airport. In November of 2015, life decided to prove that, Yes, it CAN suck worse (lol), and I moved to Nevada to stay with my family and get back on track. I immediately fell in love with hiking and exploring. I hike for miles, filling my backpack with all sorts of rocks, crystals, breccias, etc etc., and then lugging them back home. Some days, I fill the bag, and decide to dump it so I can continue hunting. Then there are the days I do this numerous times on one excursion. Idk what I'd do without the capability to geocache! Lol. I have quite a few items that I am pretty sure I know what they are, but I don't want to seem presumptuous, so I will hold off on introducing them until I have more proof. A few notable finds.... I have a large quartz crystal covered mostly in pyrite, but also has numerous other metals scattered about. It weighs close to 25-30lbs or so. Then I have a large green crystal, which was found right next to the aforementioned item, that basically weighed right at 40lbs. Based on what I've been able to find, I believe it's a type of chalcedony, called Chrysoprase. I have many other colors of chalcedony as well, and some of them can be mesmerizing to stare into.
I could go on for days about how much this hobby means to me. It's one of the most peaceful, meditative activities I've ever engaged in. I learn so much about myself when I'm all alone, but super focused. The desert, rock hounding (and dancing lol), have not only given me a new outlook on life, but help me grow spiritually, and help me become a better person in the process.
Hope that wasn't too wishy washy. I just figure that most, if not all, of you do this for the same reason and would understand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread