TRG

May 22, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
While not a treasure hunter in the usual sense I am a lover of history and often seek/share information on the WWW these days. I found information relating to something I was researching in one of the threads here on Tnet and subsequently had a helpful email exchange with a member. I decided to post the subject of my query and add it to the information available here - so here is my introduction.

I am a researcher working mainly with natural resource issues, but I like to dabble in historical work and archaeology when the chance or tangent presents itself. I had information about an 'old boat' in this case and that lead me here. This is not the first such tangent I have found myself on - a few pictures follow.

PA130006.JPG PA140025.JPG P1013921.JPG P1013714.JPG copper_wood2a.jpg P1013354.JPG P7250175.JPG P8070343.JPG

Thanks for hosting the wealth of information that is here.

TRG

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome ! nice pics

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard TRG! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

OP
OP
T

TRG

May 22, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for the welcome Jeff and VP. I am a treasure hunter of a different sort VP, so those categories don't apply. Jeff, the pics are (L-R, T-B) oak timbers salvaged from a construction site in Boston at the site of the old Navy Yard. They dug into the Navy's timber pond which had been filled in when the Navy stopped repairing wooden boats. Whale boat Charles W. Morgan at Mystic Seaport. A 4,000 year old Egyptian boat. Mummy case from ~1,000 BC. Timbers from Roman era copper mines on Cyprus - copper and other metals has precipitated in voids in the wood. Fishing boat, Fayoum Egypt. Madracen - pre-Roman Berber 'tomb' near Batna Algeria constructed before 300BC. Washing machine for a Greek village.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Thank you for the beautiful Photos!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread