Greetings from Minnesota!

bstetter

Jul 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, all! Been hovering around the fringe of the hobby for a while now and have decided to buy my first MD soon, early fall hopefully so I can still get some field time before it snows. I'm looking at either a Garrett Ace 250 or possibly making the jump up to the AT Pro, depending on what my wallet feels like letting me spend :). Any advice that anyone can offer a reeeeeeeally new soon-to-be newbie would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!
Best advice I can give is read this site often. Ask questions, get out and start swingin

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Minnesota for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard and SkoL :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Illinois.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, I have several customers in MN, they use AT Pros and Minelab Excalibur IIs. Both work well in the water, and the AT Pro is good on land too.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia and ask questions as this is a great place to find advice!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! I think the answer depends on what you want to do. If you are just looking at doing coin shooting and basic land detecting, a 250/300 will be plenty for you to learn the hobby and find great things. If you want to hunt in water, by lakes (I think you have a few up there, right?), or maybe beach hunting on vacations, the versatility and capabilities of the AT Pro have been terrific for me on all counts. The Garrett ProPointer AT is a critical add. Look on Amazon for bundle deals and get the best combo/price you can find on whichever option you choose. Best of luck!

OP
OP
B

bstetter

Jul 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the advice and welcomes so far, everyone!! I think I've decided on an Ace 250... gonna order it on Monday, so hopefully next weekend I'll get a chance to give it a trial run!!

mi77915

Greenie
Nov 26, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Michigan!!!!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome and SKOL!! Lifetime Vikes fan from CT. Let us know what you find!

OP
OP
B

bstetter

Jul 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, you guys...I don't know. I've been looking at the Ace 250, and then I think I want to upgrade and get the AT Pro, and then I look at the 400, and I can't make up my mind!! Is there a really good comparison chart out there that would show me the differences between them? Why is the 400 better than the 250, why is the Pro better than the 300 or 400, and so on and so forth? I don't want buyer's remorse, so I need some advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread