Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome shipmate from Northern Virginia, you came to the right place to learn.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Retlaw and
tn_salute.gif
- Take a look at Forum: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oklahoma. You will have lots of information given to you from here. Good Luck and Happy Hunting. Thank you for your service....

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Morning all

It's a new beginning for me and I'm reaching out for any and all information. I'm retired Navy and I live in Coral Springs. I would like to know if there is a do's and don't site out there or where I can and can't go. I love to travel and I will be taking my ACE 300 with me. I really didn't know which unit to buy so I just did it. Any thoughts?

Most state and federal property is off limits unless with permission... city properties, private properties are usually okay with permission. Some say you don't need permission, but they won't be there helping you talk your way out of trouble when the time comes, so... if you detect public places like parks or other public places, Look at city websites for ordinances... it's a good idea to call and ask about the ordinances and laws that govern YOUR CITY and locale. These vary from city to city, county to county, so do your own research and find out what's allowed in your area.

Private properties, always ask permission... if it's abandoned, someone owns it... look up parcel maps on city websites to find those owners. Private properties, always ask permission, my best finds come from private properties, so be sure to learn how to get permissions:

Here's a link to a library pf permission techniques we have written: Obtaining Permission | Detecting365 Metal Detecting Magazine These should help you figure out how to act in different scenario's

Check out your local city websites, check ordinances and laws, check Park Department rules,regulations and ordinances and you should be good to go!

Welcome to your new obsession!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Ann Arbor

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Morning all

It's a new beginning for me and I'm reaching out for any and all information. I'm retired Navy and I live in Coral Springs. I would like to know if there is a do's and don't site out there or where I can and can't go. I love to travel and I will be taking my ACE 300 with me. I really didn't know which unit to buy so I just did it. Any thoughts?

The Ace 300 sounds like a good choice for a first detector. Try out playgrounds, under trees and around the play area in the grass. Also I have found three silver rings by the swings, one directly under swing set and the others several feet away from the bars from people jumping off swing or things flying out of pockets. Note: you dig a lot of trash but treasure will come!!! Good luck

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana..."D"

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting also hope to see some cool posts soon and great finds

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome to our community!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread