Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNET and I am sorry but I agree about the glue!

An adhesive was applied to the coin and while the adhesive was not totally dry and solid (slightly wet and pliable), it was sandwiched between two other Memorial Cents and they were squeezed to make the impression on your' Cent. Believe it or not, depending upon what type of adhesive is used (most folks that make these fake error coins, usually use Epoxy), it will reflect the color of the Copper or Copper Plating which makes the adhesive appear to be Copper metal.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely glue or some other similar material.

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*updates* i still dont know about this coin, the grader i brought it too was somewhat helpful, the good news is, HE NEVER SAID IT WAS FAKE, the bad news is i need a expert in errors coins he said the coin was out of his league,, i like honest people,, ill catch you on the next episode , cheers

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I have no doubt that it is not a hoax. It is a genuine find.

The only question is: What has been found?

It is all but certain that it is an authentic 1979 US 1-Cent Lincoln Memorial with a layer of clear adhesive (and the adhesive has the imprint of a genuine Lincoln Memorial cent impressed into it). I have found a number of them.

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one step closer ,, what can you see? fff01z.jpg

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its more than one or 2 coins,, thank you for confirming that, you showed up at the right time

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I FIGURED IT OUT
,, WHO WANTS TO KNOw.. i went special ops on my coin

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i cant explain the unexplainable, just know if the ss gets me.. there going to steal it, I worked all night on figuring this out because of so called professionals couldn't help and kept dicking me around,, not everything is fake just because its a irregular look, maybe it was a cover up, someones secret.. idk
with a little reverse editing i was able to do it myself, its not whats on it , its whats in it:headbang:

Last edited:

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jailedLincoln87 - I came to one of these coin sites, just like you with something very similar. I would have SWORE (and did) it was a mint error. People kept telling me it was some type of glue. They finally convinced me to soak the coin. Guess what... the 'error' disappeared. Since then, I've seen dozens of people, just like you and me. They're not telling you this because they are 'sore' or have nothing else to do with their time. They really believe it, and they're probably right.

Take a look at the picture you took of the coin on edge. Do you see the raised portion in the middle of the coin? That's probably the edge of the epoxy or glue.

At least soak it in some warm water. See if anything changes.

OO

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please.... give me your expert advise on this one, jailedLincon87
SS
P1120049.JPG P1120051.JPG .

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow nice coin u have there you should probably message me

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAhah **** just got REAL congrats, this could confirm my beliefs , thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just getting ridiculous, it is glue. Just as the one posted by sandswimmer is. Spend your money and have it attributed, if it comes back an error I will gladly congratulate you. If it comes back as we have been saying then admit it. I lay no claims to being an expert but have collected coins for over 45 years, it is glue.

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no its actually a undercover roman cent, thats all im revealing atm or possibly the double eagle

Last edited:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I began coin collecting there was no internet to jump on and get instant answers to your questions. If you found a coin that you had questions about, you studied the coin, and other coins. Hundreds, even thousands of coins. You read everything you could to learn about the minting process. You learned what could and couldn't happen at the mint. If you were extremely lucky, you may have had a mentor. Someone with years of experience to help you along. What you didn't do was go to that mentor, demand answers then insult him when you didn't get the answers you wanted. This is exactly what you are doing. As stated, I have over 45 years experience, not just of collecting, but of studying coins. I am a founding member of a prestigious coin collecting organization. I have had articles published in numismatic publications. Many others who have answered your questions probably have more experience than I do. What is your history? I don't know who you are or your age, but I assume by your posts that you are a juvenile. Now, I have a strong suspicion that you are just toying with us. While some damaged and altered coins can be quite deceiving, this is not one of them. No one of average intelligence would be fooled by this coin, it is just too obvious what it is. So if your are just yanking our chain, then OK, fun is fun but enough is enough. If you genuinely believe you have something here, then it is time to put your money where your mouth is or let it go.

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im not yanking anything, last time i checked it was illegal to own,, the x marks the spot, the mint has released the coins ans so has whomever had the lost ones,, im assuming its what me and sandswimmer found, im a graphic creator, i know how to pull images,, now this being said, i hope you alll have have our back,, i came here to figure out my find, not drag dumb **** on.. why lie , i thought this was a treasure site, maybe u should go find yours these ëscaped from the mint, well now i know how and why they were never recovered, them all,, the guy was smart and discussed the two coins smashed together under the lincoln penny, the mark was identification,, i just uncovered the mystery ,
have a good day smart guy .. *drops,mic * congrats on ur find sandman,, hide that thing!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread