New from Toledo, Ohio.

Gilgalad

Apr 20, 2019
Toledo, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently, ForagerGo. A very affordable model to get started.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Toledo, Ohio, south end of town near Hill and Byrne, is the area I've been detecting and learning.

I am so poor right now that I decided to start metal detecting last year. I fully understand I won't get rich, finding clad change is actually fine right now. The more the better. However, I am also a coin collector. I collect USA, Pre Euro coinage and ancient coins. I definitely would like to find some older dimes, quarters, you name it that is silver.

I got a ForagerGo, a $50 detector that actually works rather well for the price. It will detect about 6-8 inches but it's better for detecting close to the surface, 3-4 inches. A friend helped me to get one of these since I haven't had a job since I lost mine almost 2 years ago and have been looking ever since and will keep doing it. Eventually I will be upgrading because I like metal detecting already.

I am also open to teaming up when it's possible. I don't have a car so I do all my detecting in my local area where I can just walk over there but I am going to run out of places to hunt before the summer is over. This is my second year and I'm still learning. I have done a lot of research online. There are so many things I'm trying to learn and finding my own places to hunt nearby and as I said, right now I'm interested in finding clad. I want to find old coins as well.

I looked around for clubs here in Toledo. I haven't found any, there is one in Sylvania which is close but too far to walk.

Is starting metal detecting a good valid reason when extremely poor for short periods. I'd rather do this than ask people for money, to be honest.

Happy Easter to all and thanks for letting me join here.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
:occasion14:
:headbang:

If you can get permission when needed to search properties I will come down and search with you, let me know what you think.

OP
OP
G

Gilgalad

Apr 20, 2019
Toledo, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's a great idea and thanks a lot for sure for the offer.

Last year I only searched on my apartment property and around the side of the road at Tarta bus stops and the very same thing this year. I am being cautious to avoid breaking laws. I only asked this nearby church and the answer wasn't clear or non-committal and I took that for a no and went on my way. I watched a few videos and read a few pages on how to approach people to ask for permission.

Basically, I only asked the church and that was it. I have no places ready to hunt. I am still trying to figure that out and to avoid breaking the law. No big deal but I don't want fines and to go to jail. It's also not cool to hunt off limit places as well.

I am open to suggestions about what to do before you decide to come take me out searching.

Thank you so much, happy Easter. Hopefully you don't have to travel far to get to Toledo. I have friends and family in SE Michigan as well.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Easter and Welcome Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to see some great posts from ya also

OP
OP
G

Gilgalad

Apr 20, 2019
Toledo, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found some stuff recently, including a 2004 women's highschool class ring, 10K, probably silver I think. Haven't taken a photo yet.

Here is some stuff I found last year, but not all.

DSCN0272.JPG

DSCN0266.JPG

DSCN0267.JPG

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia, your off to a great start! :skullflag:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard mate!

moomba

May 20, 2019
Indiana
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 ,whites 6000 xl pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Friend. I live about an hour from you in north east Indiana .I'm open to hunt with you if you think this is something you would be interested in.I've been detecting about 35 years and have extra machines if you need one. I'm retired and love metal detecting.If your interested we can contact each other...............Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread