Rhode Island / Southeast Massachusetts prospectors RI MA

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi there, I'm Jeff. I'm fairly new to prospecting, just signed up on this site. I live in Woonsocket, RI, which borders MA. I've done some local prospecting and found some very tiny pieces of "flour gold" so far. I'm very enthusiastic about prospecting northern RI and southeastern MA. I'm looking to make local contacts to have others to go exploring and prospect with. I've found 2 spots that produce very tiny pieces so far (in RI), still looking. Hope to hear from some other locals that I can connect with. Feel free to reply here or to send me a message. Thanks! Jeff Gold.jpeg

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi There JeffA and welcome to Tnet! (I just realized that if one takes the Tnet and flips the letters around it spells Tent. I think that happened as I'm preparing for a Long Trip into the Sierras)

You might check out the Tnet site to see if there is a group of people in RI or close by that are, like you, interested in removing 'metal contamination from the soils in otherwise pristine locals'.

It took me quite a few years of being out in the Sierras before I realized this type of reclamation work was needed in the area I was enjoying camping, swimming, fishing, exploring, etc. and I've done my best to assist in this work. I approve of your efforts!

Keep it simple is the way to start out with this work! Simple: shovel, small pry bar, sifter(classifier) and a prospectors pan and Sniffer Bottle for your area as well as enough water for the day, lunch, sun protection and such BUT most importantly do not forget to enjoy yourself while you are out there! This work tends to turn outings into "work" as one becomes more and more excited about the possibilities of the reclamation work they are performing, so relax out there and Don't hurt your back!

Have fun............63bkpkr

Last edited:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard mate! :skullflag::occasion14:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :icon_thumleft:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
The Durfee hill area had a gold mine long ago I have tried a few spots but only came up with Pyrite.."Fools Gold"

~Blaze~

OP
OP
J

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Durfee hill area had a gold mine long ago I have tried a few spots but only came up with Pyrite.."Fools Gold"

~Blaze~

Hi Blaze,

Have you found anything in RI out of curiosity?

Jeff

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jeff, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia and best of luck to you in your prospecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread