Let me introduce myself

SleauxMan

Greenie
Mar 30, 2020
Houston, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born in Lafayette, LA in '60, I had a detector in high school. I don't remember what led me to stop - probably met my future bride (in 1976) and took up playing golf to spend more time with her father (good graces, etc.). So didn't have much time for detecting.

Got married in '82; moved to Knoxville in '84; moved to Lubbock in '86 for grad school; had 3 daughters between '90 and 94; moved to Houston for a job in '95. Now all daughters are married.

Watched "the Detctorists" with enthusiasm which reminded me why I liked detecting. Ready to get back into the hobby! Will want a great device (not TOP of the line but something nice). Like finding relics but prefer coins and jewelry.

Have also watched more than my share of YouTube videos and like to learn the techniques. I would love to hear/read some details on the machines, shovels, bibs, etc that people find most useful. Also best practices for filming - phone vs GoPro vs video camera; and best practices for editing videos.

I'm a computer consultant.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! The detectors go a lot deeper than when you started, so you'll need some digging tools. I like the Lesche digging tool and the Lesche Sampson Pro series shovel with T handle. A pinpointer is a must too. I prefer the Garrett Carrot but there's plenty of other good pinpointers out there.

I like the pouches made by freeloader (member on TNet).

You will need to learn the technique of digging a plug to find the target since you will be able to detect coins much deeper than before.

Good luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing the wonderful story. :occasion14:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum here and back into the hobby from Oregon! Good luck with finding your favorite detector, and with your hunts and finds.

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the obsession., from Hopkins County, Texas. Totally agree with everything SD51 recommended. (Lesche digger, Sampson w/T-handle, pinpointer, Freeloader pouch). I'm still swinging the AT Pro, but unsure what I would purchase if replacing it, but see no need to. Nice intro, BTW.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard mate! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from San Antonio :wave:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello2:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread