Anyone near Socorro up for hunting

teacher457

Jan 4, 2009
I would like to hunt in the Socorro area but my husband and I will not be in that area until July. We spend the month of July in Ruidoso. I've never MD'ed in New Mexico or pretty much any where else. I'm very new to this hobby, my husband got me a Bounty Hunter Lone Star for Christmas. I've been posting in the TEXAS threads since that is where we live. Let me know what you think. I would like to have a contact in that area. :D

P

pippinwhitepaws

scorro, july, hummmmmm? searching for hot springs at night? ok.
wandering around in the sun mid day?
no thank you.

OP
OP
jag1022

jag1022

Nov 23, 2008
Socorro, NM
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II sl
I'll keep in touch. Actually there are some great places near Ruidoso. Such as Carrizozo (an old railroad town), Ancho, White Oaks, and Nogal. I wouldn't worry about the weather that much. It's much hotter in AZ than central NM. I'm fairly new to MD also...

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
The Albuquerque MD club is supposed to have a hunt at Tokay on the morning of the 21st (Feb). I can't officially invite you as I am not a member yet, but you can contact AMDA and ask if it's OK to tag along. I think about 15 members will be there; they seem like a very nice group--they won't let anyone join the club unless they have attended 1 hunt first.

OP
OP
jag1022

jag1022

Nov 23, 2008
Socorro, NM
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II sl
Thanks for the info. I will contact them. Tokay is on 380 outside of San Antonio. I think it was an old coal mining town. Also, Carthage is near by.

nmtha

Nov 29, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer II, and ace 250
there is anew club in town that is meeting at 4601 juan tabo on sat. dec 5th everyone is welcome. i am the co founder so come join us. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread