places near oswego ny

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Welcome to Tresure Net!

Find some old maps... your entire town is the perfect example of a great town to detect in.

http://history.rays-place.com/ny/oswego-ny.htm

I'm originally from Rochester and also lived in Rome for 13 years... I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to detect in your area.

Your first step is to research area. Anyplace that gives you permission on private property makes it legal.

OP
OP
redneck13126

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you i have done some research and im gunna try the woods behind my new property see i find anything there. ill post what i find. i see you said you lived in rome i go there all the time. my girlfriend lives in boonville so im there alot i really wanna try around that area too i did some detecting in boonville and found a oneida commuity plate silver spoon

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Rome is so loaded with history it's incredible... It's practically flooded with rev. war history. Maybe the best advice is to seek out a detecting group... I think there is a club either in Rome or in Oneida County.

Looking forward to your finds...

OP
OP
redneck13126

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know it is im sorta a history buff lol it got me into this and im going to try and find a club or start a small group with friends to try a few places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread