Newbie upstate NY

deeotto

Mar 1, 2007
Hi all,
Justwanted to say hello.
I have been reading post now for the past 2 months trying to figure out which detector to buy. Finally settled on a White's mxt. I have been getting use to it in my yard(Saratoga Springs, NY) for the past 2 days. The most I've found is a matchbox car and some shell casings. I was wondering if anyone could point me to some good places to hunt in the Capital area. Would like to get proficient before I start asking permission to hunt on other peoples property.
Also thanks for all the great information and daily finds. It is very encouraging to us newbies. I learn something everytime I log on.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Hi Dee,
Welcome to the forum and the hobby.
There's quite a few members from upstate NY, I'm sure you'll be hearing from them with suggestions.

Doncha just love spring? ;D
HH

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Welcome to TreasureNet from an Ex-Upstater (Rochester & Rome). Man almost anyplace Upstate is MD'in heaven! Little quiet parks and schoolyards and maybe a large churchyard (ask permission) will getcha some practice time with tons of targets (when you finish your yard of course) to screw with.

Ashleen is right... there are lot's of NYs here who can pointcha in the right direction.

We will look forward to seeing some finds and posts!

OP
OP
deeotto

deeotto

Mar 1, 2007
I would love to talk to other Capital region md'ers. Anyone interested in showing me the ropes up here or having some one to md with please email me

Thanks for the welcome

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I'm not local local but an easy 45 minutes to an hours drive away. Broadalbin/Perth area. I have a few good spot to check out but I got 2 sick vehicles right now. Once I get a somewhat dependable ride I'll be more then happy to show you a place or 2. Do you know where route 29 and I think its middle grove road is? There's a back road there to the town of Edinburg and there's a few cellars that show some promise. Let me know what you think. Swizzle

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Saratoga Springs!!

Your in Rev.war turf!! Start in your backyard !!

Donedroolin

Feb 3, 2008
Hey What's up, I am from Upstate N.Y. I live in Athens it is a small town between Albany and Kingston N.Y. Hey Historyhound where is the Northeast MD club meeting. Waiting for ground to dry up around here. Anyone wanting to get together to detect let me know. I am still looking for places to go. Also sorry if anyone responded to my earlier post and did not respond I'm still learning how to navigate these sites. Any how good luck to all MDer's.

jman of ny

Greenie
Jan 28, 2008
welcome to the hobby, i suggest you start in your own yard. then ask your neighbors. i live in queensbury and have found alot of buttons and coins from the
revolutionary war era. good luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread