I am a newbie...can u help?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy is right. You should place yourself back in time and visulize were people then went and how they lived. The dirt was always there, you should look for where people played, went to church socials, had picnics, etc. The oldest parks are a good place to look, but they will also hold the most trash. Read all you can about the place near where you live, talk to old timey people.

Good Luck,
Sandman

T

TreasureTales

Welcome to TreasureNet, you're going to be amazed at all the information you'll get from the people here.

First thing I'd do, go to the local library and ask the reference librarian for history books and maps of your area - old ones. Then I'd take a few notes and make a call to the county historical society to see if anybody there can add any additional information - to narrow down your search area. Then I'd try to determine who owns the lands today - and seek their permission to hunt it IF it's private property. If it's public property, just call the local law enforcement office and inquire about the legality of metal detecting on public lands. Then get out and go!

Hope to see photos of your finds soon. Good luck!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Welcome.Get yourself a permit for state parks,$20,and hit Wildwood state park and Orient Pt. and any older local schools.Good luck.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I notice alot of stacked rock fences all around NY,those are pretty old and worth searching around as well.Ive seen some old pilings of old structures around them as well possibly some great things around them too.
good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread