Favorite settings for relics and coins
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DavidDigs4Free
  • 1 Post By Akb082317

Thread: Favorite settings for relics and coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Steve & Charlene

Nov 2018
    Winchester , Tn.
    I'm currently using a Garrett AT Max, my wife is new to dirt fishing, shes using a Garrett Ace 300. I also have a Fisher F5
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Favorite settings for relics and coins

Hi fellow dirtfishers, dies anyone have a reliable basic setting formula for relics and for coin, I'm moving on from a DFX to a new Anfibio Multi, I'm very aware that this may be a lifetime challenge to learn this new machine. Merry Christmas and happy digging!

us
    Jan 2017
    northeast Ohio
    Equinox 800 and Garrett Apex
    57 times
    I am a coin hunter and got my Multi two months ago. I watched many youtube videos and I would recommend that you do the same. I find the menu to be extremely easy to navigate and adjust. I have tried most of the modes and I have settled on three tone mode. I hunt with factory defaults, but use the 5khz frequency. I watched a video where Calabash advised turning ISAT off to achieve greater depth. I do this and I have found some very deep coins. In three tone, the detector is very fast at sensitivities less than 90. Above 90 loses some recovery speed, but gains depth. When I run into heavy trash, just lower the sens and it turns into a completely different detector. I am a die hard Explorer user and my SE Pro might not see much future use, that is how much I like the Anfibio Multi.

us
    Steve & Charlene

Nov 2018
    Winchester , Tn.
    I'm currently using a Garrett AT Max, my wife is new to dirt fishing, shes using a Garrett Ace 300. I also have a Fisher F5
    1 times
    Thanks, Ray! Like I've told my wife, every time you get a new detector, you have to learn to hunt all over again. Have a Great Christmas!

us
    May 2020
    Nebraska
    Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
    233 times
    Metal Detecting for Old Coins
    I bought my new Anfibio Multi in April. I have been studying this users guide by Clive Clynick and found it to be extremely useful and full of good information to cut down the learning curve on using the Anfibio. Hopes this helps out.

Home

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOKTAMAKRO-frnt.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	870.6 KB 
ID:	1837223
    IowaRelic likes this.

ca
    Feb 2014
    Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
    AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
    91 times
    Basically.....if you're relic hunting you should probably be running the machine in a mostly open pattern with as much sensitivity as you can. Cool relics can be made of anything......even iron! Plus you'll want to hear the iron to let you know when you're in a place you should pay attention to.

I run deep mode wide open for relics. I only use the stock disc setting which is 4 or 5.....isat off, pretty much stock other than that. You can play with your tones and volume if you like but I never bothered, I like to hear everything. I love deep mode because it has that scaling audio(similar to beach or two tone) which helps me pick out more significant items from the normal nail and trash bed on sound alone. I find it very helpful although in productive places I'll run 4 tones as well, just because it seems to favour fine jewelry for whatever reason.

Since you have a multi you may also want to take advantage of your multiple frequencies in any hot spots you find. They really do make a difference so go over those hot spots multiple times.

us
    Aug 2020
    PA
    Anfibio multi Simplex + Ctx-3030
    63 times
    For relic and coin this is how I set it up. I use 3 tone start by ground balancing, set gain to 94 this is situational to area your in. Disc I drop to 14, notch15, notch vol 1. Tone 14,40,70 Tone break 5,25,60. I sat I set to zero. After all that I setup 4 tone identical. Only difference is on the 4th tone I make 61. This way if your running in 3 tone and have an iffy signal and depth may be in issue drop it into 4 tone real quick to get more depth and check it in 4 tone. I like doing this to keep my tones sounding exactly the same but receiving the extra depth benefit of 4 tone. I donít rely on vdi numbers usually only by sounds. Hope it helps
    Good luck hunting
    Dawgfather likes this.

Sponsored Links