Been playing with FORS CoRe unit

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those interested in or doubting the ergonomics of the unit. You can rest easy. The unit handles real well. The hand grip works well for me, I have small hands. The 3 finger hold is nice too. I actually think it allows the detector to be swept easier. I think it takes some pressure of off the hand and wrist. It balances well. You do have some adjustment with the mounting holes for the control box rails as well as some small additional adjustment of the control box within the mounting rails. This could prove beneficial when running the medium and large coils. I haven't weighed unit but it feels substantially lighter than Etrac or V3i White's. Have only played in the yard with small coil. Jack is right, this is a good detector with small coil to really X-ray old house lots. The tones for me are a lot more intelligible on this unit vs my f75se (non upgraded). I believe this unit handle's EMI better than both of my Deus units. Need to play with it some more.

I can say this. ATTN: All flagship detector builders. You need to ship your detectors w/accs in a case similar to what Nokta does with the FORS CoRe unit pro package. Aside from the protection it offers during shipment, it gives the buyer a nice storage case to keep everything together, and can be taken to the field. A real touch of class in my book!!!
More details to follow later.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see on your core sharpshooter. Going to get another unit and see what the reviews are like on the racer before jumping on that one for now. A lot of good stuff coming in on the core from what I'm seeing but would really like to see some relic hunts chime in....what kind of depth sort of things mainly. Core seems to be a shoe in on the trashy house sites but I'm looking for something with punch in the old hunted out CW sites for now.

Keep us posted on your findings and thx for the report.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picture of the shipping case and unit!!!!

picklepete

Nov 22, 2012
americas heartland
Detector(s) used
Quest 20, Simplex+ on order, detecting on and off since the 1970's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was not impressed with the depth I was getting in my soil with the core. Sold it. I did like the seperation capabilities, stability, and ground handling capabilities. A bit heavy for me. I will check out the racer when it comes out. May purchase for a trash picker machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread