Nokta VDI?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ordered my nokta fors gold today. Liked the boost mode the gold comes with but other than that the core and gold basically same. Can anyone tell me the numbers you're getting on targets? I've been reading the online manual but it only gives so much info and id like to know from ppl who ate swinging this thing what numbers mean what. Thanks

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found another post that answered my question and then some. Really made me feel good about my purchase if the gold instead of the core. I've been wanting to go look for gold and wanted a dedicated machine for it but I like the fact the gold can operate as a relic /coin machine just as well. Best of both worlds in my book.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't sound like you are too sure, the "okay" doesn't sound like a solid thumbs up. What's up?

I'm gonna put it through its paces today, taking it to my super salty beaches behind my condo. Going to run depth tests in the salt as well as dry sand. So far i like its speed separation, not too happy with its accuracy on depth reading when pinpointing. Also the detector is very sensitive to non-ferrous small bits of metal, this might be an issue if you are not a nugget hunter. I need more time using it, so far i only used it for 16 hours, read the whole manual and done extensive air tests in all modes and differing sensitivity levels and discrimination. Discrimination (Masking) has a significant effect on depth on this unit. Have also tested it in my garden where i have an 8" Dime, 10" Nickel, 9" Penny, and a 12" quarter. Will post my results soon, im very critical in my testing and wanna give this detector a fair chance. The built quality is very good, almost as fast or just as fast as my G2, separates the same or better. Will post on this soon. Going to compare it to my CZ, G2, DFX and Gamma.

Last edited:

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know any tricks to the Nokta Fors Core?? I took it out yesterday to a park.....and it seemed like everything rang in the 80s.....pennies, old pull tabs, steel bottle caps, can slaw and aluminum bottle caps. Dug junk all day long! Was in D12 canceled to 40 sen at 60 and 70. looking for users that have been in the field for a while.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not had mine that long buy I've watched just about every YouTube video there is including the foreign ones plus what time I've spent. I set my machine discrimination to 55 which rids most of the low end foil and iron but I change that when im relic hunting. Power setting I like the fact it goes deep, too deep sometimes, so I put it up to 80. If a targets vdi jumps more than 3 numbers its junk the machine makes it that easy for you. If it stays with 2-3 numbers usually it's a good target but you have to get familiar with the vdi numbers, it comes with a booklet that gives you a vdi, if not I will post it here but its a basic one and you just need to learn...also you need to use the simple tricks of rimming the target, sizing it with the coil and lifting your coil to see if the vdi numbers change. I'm not fully familiar with it but I quickly applied the tricks of the trade to my detecting approach and it works great, I couldn't be happier with this machine.
I got fooled Saturday as I dug an 82, dug 13-15" and got target out but couldn't see it, used pin pointer and chased and pushed a target through the dirt for two minutes until I saw a small round shape..was a washer smaller than the nail on your pinky finger and just as thin. The machine picked up something that small, that deep with a repeatable vdi in the weakest discrimination mode of di3. Oh ye, try using that mode some Di3 helps single out good targets

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vdi

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_post-1-0-53683600-1420990848.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_post-1-0-53683600-1420990848.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 450

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread