Received Fors gold WOW!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't believing the hype because I've seen same thing different brand over and over. I'm a Garrett man at heart but willing to try new machines. Watched hours if videos while I waited for the nokta to arrive so when it did it took me 5 mins or less to have it running.
Took it outside to the test area and wow just WOW. Since it shows in centimeters and there are a few targets I buried deep and forgot about because im not usually hitting them unless I have a Nel coil on I wasn't sure what I was seeing. I had to use the converter on my phone to do centimeters to inches and it really was hitting my 14 & 16" targets with the standard 11x7 coil. It had proper ID, was in DI3 mode not boost mode and sensitivity was at 50 ..half the power it could be. What a remarkable machine. This Frankenstein of all the best parts of other detectors is simply amazing and I can't wait to hit ground that I know produces and now should show all its treasures.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see one of those machines in my future...........I think the CoRe will be my choice. It is supposed to be the same as the Gold but has the Beach mode on it.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the core has beach mode and gold has boost but there isn't much difference as they both have mineralization showing with auto ground tuning. Make sure you get the rain/ dirt cover..extra $40 but worth it. Rained all day and couldn't get out to really hunt but it showed how well it works yesterday and have plans on hitting the honey hole today

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i was leaning towards the fors gold pro package already at the 1189 price but they have dropped the price to 850 on kellyco recently i think its a no brainer now hopefully they will keep it at that price point for a bit longer

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the standard package because I was unsure of the machine and didn't want to sink a bunch into it now I wish I did. I've fallen in love with this machine. It truly has answered all the problems I had with each machine before..strong in one area weak in another but this thing is like they took the good from the top 4 and put them in one.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy it badger, make sure you get the dust cover, this thing has a bunch of crevices for sand and dirt to hide. Let us know how it goes on your first hunt, best regards.

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the standard package because I was unsure of the machine and didn't want to sink a bunch into it now I wish I did. I've fallen in love with this machine. It truly has answered all the problems I had with each machine before..strong in one area weak in another but this thing is like they took the good from the top 4 and put them in one.

that's good to know bud steve herschback has good things to say about fors gold also i believe im looking forward to getting mine soon!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i am still looking at the Nokta but i stopped for i am waiting to see what that Marko Racer will be like… You see i like detectors that i can pick up and use not spend my time trying to program them.. For as long as i have done this i found out i could find as much with a Sovereign as i could with one that had all these programs you had to put in and i did not have to buy books with programs for my Sovereign … And now it looks like the Nokta will be a friendly user detector like the Sovereign is..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread