FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find that some sets of headphones are better than others...I have used Garrett headphones and Koss and it seems that the volume is very low that you can hardly hear it...However, one day, I happened to purchase a pair of headphones at a yard sale that were used in a recording studio and the volume and the tones from my metal detector were loud, clear and crisp. Better than any other headphones I have ever used...Ask some members what the Grey Ghost headphones are like...I hear they are good...Good luck and let us know what you think of the Macro Racer after some use in the field! HHing!

OP
OP
F

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi hunter, i confirm koss and garrett master sound does not work good, the sounds are barely audible to me.
I wonder why the heck would makro put these koss on the package.
I tried some headphones taken from a Samsung phone and they sound loud and bright.
I find difficult to bring the detector with me inside a electronic shop and try which headphones works and which no...
My budget is pretty low for now, a new headphones set wasn't planned, these GG cost a fortune!

Thanks

OP
OP
F

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Update, all racers got that weak output i tried 3 of them.
I will need to buy high sensitivity headphones or hack the circuit by swapping a resistor.
Anyone using the Koss ur30? are them loud?

Ty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread