corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm strictly a civil war relic hunter, and I currently hunt with an xp deus with a 9" coil. I absolutely love the machine, but I'm wanting something with more depth for when I'm in areas where the bullets are really deep. so, I just wanted to hear some input on the Makro Racer to see what you guys think of it. I'm in TN, and the soil isn't perfect, but it's not that bad either. I mostly hunt for civil war bullets and buttons. I'm not really interested in finding iron objects. any input would be appreciated.

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a detecting friend who has the DEUS and I have a Makro Racer. We often compare signals before
we dig, trying to see if we both hear deep signals and which of us can identify the target more accurately
before we dig.

So far, I think the results are about equal. But if anything, the DEUS might get a little more depth in the
conditions where we have compared. Results in other conditions may vary.

Generally he uses the 9-inch coil or the slightly larger coil (11-inch?) on his DEUS and I use the 11-inch coil
on my Racer when we do these comparisons, and we're hunting in parks in the Southern California area,
looking for coins and jewelry. Hunting for relics in Tennessee might be about the same or it might be
totally different.

So I doubt if you'll see a big improvement in depth by switching to the Racer UNLESS you buy the larger
RC40 coil, which is 15.5 inches by about 13.5, I believe. I have not used this coil, but the depth test videos
I have seen show that it can give more depth than the 11-inch stock coil. Again, I don't know if you'll see
a lot more depth in your hunting conditions, but you might.

OP
OP
C

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really appreciate the info. too bad I can't test one out, but I don't know anyone local that has one. kind of strange, though... on the reviews, it looks like it has a significant depth advantage over the deus.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread