Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pointman

Thread: Makro pointer

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2016
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Minelab EQ 800 BH Land Ranger Pro Vulcan 360 pinpointer Garrett Carrot
    103 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Makro pointer

Looking at getting a a new pointer and was wondering h good these are... Thanks

us
    Working STIFF!

Jun 2014
    NC
    Nokta Fors CoRe; Nokta pin pointer; Killer B Wasp headphones; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
    148 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tjarrett View Post
    Great for I had one. Now I have the exact same pointer with more settings in the Nokta. I would opt for that one if I were you. Just my 2 cents!
    NOTW

<<^-<

us
    Formerly Mach 1 Pilot

Jul 2008
    Bedford County, PA
    Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
    1167 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    They work very well, and are waterproof too.

us
    Jan 2016
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Minelab EQ 800 BH Land Ranger Pro Vulcan 360 pinpointer Garrett Carrot
    103 times
    Thanks for the info.. I'll check into it

us
    Mar 2013
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
    3053 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mtsheron View Post
    Great for I had one. Now I have the exact same pointer with more settings in the Nokta. I would opt for that one if I were you. Just my 2 cents!
    yes, and the Nokta pointer I got just a few days ago, has done real well digging in super wet mud and snow - operated just fine. I use just the vibrate mode and can hear it then too. Very sensitive if need be, at 11.6kHz, and can desensitized down to just touching the object, before sounding off.
    I use an old Garrett pointer holster that fits my new probe well.

Charter Member
    us
    John

Feb 2013
    Arkansas
    I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, Nokta Anfibio, White’s TRX, Profind 35
    1338 times
    Metal Detecting
    I like mine about 90%, but I use my AT Propointer more.

Here is what I don't like:

Little slow in turning off and on. It takes a second or two. No problem, but I used mine during a competition where it matters.

The vibration is a little subtle at distance, meaning a coin is just barely inside of detecting range, it vibrates a little too slow for me. The advantage is the sensitivity can be adjusted way out. With gloves on, it can be missed.

I bought two. The first one worked like a charm. The second was a back up and it acted funny from the start. It sometimes would not come on and then it wouldn't come on at all. I had to pay $8-10 to send it in for repair (it was only 6 weeks old) and then I was sent a new one. Shame I had to pay extra for something that didn't work correctly from the start.

Othewise, it is my favorite pinpointer right behind the AT Propointer.
    eyemustdigtreasure likes this.

ch
    Froggy

Oct 2014
    Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
    CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
    1156 times
    Scuba detection, romans and grec relics, old & new gold
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Just received mine this morning! Very impressed by the amount of accessories delivered.

Scuba detection, relics and ++++ - Big fat Waterproof CTX 3030 Scuba from Minelab - Aquascan (Aquapulse) - DEUS - Minelab Excalibur II scuba diving - Follow me on Facebook | Google+ | Youtube

ch
    Froggy

Oct 2014
    Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
    CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
    1156 times
    Scuba detection, romans and grec relics, old & new gold
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort Bedford Detectors View Post
    They work very well, and are waterproof too.
    Will make a try shortly

Scuba detection, relics and ++++ - Big fat Waterproof CTX 3030 Scuba from Minelab - Aquascan (Aquapulse) - DEUS - Minelab Excalibur II scuba diving - Follow me on Facebook | Google+ | Youtube

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    372 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Got got my 2 delivered today ;-)

Matt

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    372 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    IMHO....they SUCK. well, in the wet sand and in shallow sea water anyway.

Mines up for sale and i'm getting a waterproof Xpointer, like I used to have...that was AWESOME.

Sorry, but the Makro pointer...my own personal opinion...i'd rather pluck out my eyes with a rusty spoon that use one again.

BUT, I do have a Makro detector and it's GREAT!!!!!

PI Xpointer Just ordered.

Matt.

us
    Jun 2016
    Europe
    Deephunter by Makro
    68 times
    I am reposting here, since I replied to someone in a DEUS forum and this is more appropriate. Oh and yes, I like having the security / option of waterproof.

I can't even begin to tell you how much crap I cleared in my tiny yard with my little pointer. It could detect the smallest amount of metal particles in the soil.

I am not sure if the particles that looked like gold I found in hot rocks were gold or not though...my wife litterally went crazy, and made me dump them down the drain. She thought it was some kind of poison.

My pointer supposedly operates at 11.6khz and is made by Makro.

I was a pinpointer virgin before this, so I do not know if this helps you or not.

It definitely finds gold wedding rings of about 15 years freshly burried...lol

us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4302 times
    I have the Nokta pointer and it works great. Been using it for about 2 years now. My only complaint is its not as loud as other pointers i have used. If you are using headphones and have lots of background noise such as traffic nearby it can be hard to hear.
    Dig till you drop!

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    29 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I've had one for a couple years now. It's a good pinpointer. I do notice though where the speaker is on the back I usually have my hand over it and cover it up so with headphones on I can't hear it. So I use vibrate. Also wish that it turned off quicker. But its a good working pinpointer.

us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mainer View Post
    I've had one for a couple years now. It's a good pinpointer. I do notice though where the speaker is on the back I usually have my hand over it and cover it up so with headphones on I can't hear it. So I use vibrate. Also wish that it turned off quicker. But its a good working pinpointer.
    Yes the speaker placement is not the best. Mud tends to fill the speaker hole and cause it to go silent. A quick wash in an open puddle or under a sink solves the problem but it can be annoying at times.
    Dig till you drop!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links