Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

geekfam

Dec 10, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a racer 1 and love it, no issues. Not sure if that helps, but wanted to share my experience. I also ordered a MX Sport, but don't have it yet. Good luck whatever you buy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the dealer didn't sell them, I can understand his comment.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Fors Core quality wise is fantastic the arm cuff and part of the housing for the electronics themselves are made out of aluminum. The cable is well shielded and thick and the coil is strong and well designed. Makro had issues with the coil ears breaking i don't know if that has been resolved.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard great things about both from 2 dealers. That dealer probably wanted to sell you a "new" machine that he's had in stock for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard great things about both from 2 dealers. That dealer probably wanted to sell you a "new" machine that he's had in stock for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've witnessed this first hand. When I was shopping a detector I had 2 different dealers try to seel me an atpro. That not what I was looking for. I believe the dealers make more money selling some brands versus others.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro and Nokta detectors seem to be popular in Europe but for some reason they haven't caught on here in North America...Haven't seen to many negative comments except for the coil issues the original racer had but Makro took care of that very promptly....The Nokta Fors Core has an excellent reputation for being a good detector...Watch video reviews and decide for yourself...Good Luck!..

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro had issues with the coil ears breaking i don't know if that has been resolved.

heck I had a coil ear break on my minelab... nobody questions their quality. I too have a fors core seems as good as any top brand.

mrbennie

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2016
Richmond, TX
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got a Makro Gold Racer Pro and have had problems with the ground balance ready always showing "90" regardless of what type of soil I am in. I have sent several emails to Makro but have gotten no response so far. I am a little concerned that the GB issue may be causing some other reading issues.

Otherwise the unit seems to be well build and very comfortable to use.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got a Makro Gold Racer Pro and have had problems with the ground balance ready always showing "90" regardless of what type of soil I am in. I have sent several emails to Makro but have gotten no response so far. I am a little concerned that the GB issue may be causing some other reading issues.

Hello. Sorry to hear that you are having an issue. Please send an email to [email protected] and we will further assist you.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting for over forty years and have used detectors from most of the major manufactures. I have also been a detector dealer in the past. The Makro/ Nokta quality is on par with all the major brands. Makro did have some issues with the coil ears or tabs breaking on the Racer when first released but those were quickly replaced under warranty and the coils have been redesigned so it's no longer an issue. I was so impressed with the Racer that I bought two. I have an order placed for the new Racer2. These three Racers keep company with a White's V3i, DFX, MXT Pro, M6, IDX Pro, Surfmaster PI Dual Field, a Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Silver Sabre II, and a Teknetics Omega 8500. Build quality on all are comparable with the exception of the Sovereign, but it does things the others don't.

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have decided on a Racer 2. Definitely excited.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you'll be very happy with the R2!

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ordered the RG. Have used a Makro CF 77 and it had a great balance and nothing about it felt flimsy. It was not my style but it is what led me to the RG. Will be using for micro jewelry from volleyball courts, tot lots and beaches along the towel lines.

zesty

Feb 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hate to sound like a jerk but Mr. Bennie keeps complaining on several different threads , and Makro customer service keeps chasing him wanting to solve his issue . LOL to funny .

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
I own Nokta Golden Sense Detector and a New Makro Pinpointer. I have had no problems with them and the quality is very good. The Makro pinpointer was compared to four other pinpointers and tested excellent. Also, I was super impressed with the customer service and I got a part from Europe within a couple days by DHL Express..

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makro's customer service has been outstanding to deal with. Last year I had one of the early coil ear issues and was taken care of very quickly. I had the replacement crumble when I took the machine out for the season and again they are replacing the coil. A quick email and a couple of pictures and that's it. I wish all companies had customer service like Makro.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been detecting for over forty years and have used detectors from most of the major manufactures. I have also been a detector dealer in the past. The Makro/ Nokta quality is on par with all the major brands. Makro did have some issues with the coil ears or tabs breaking on the Racer when first released but those were quickly replaced under warranty and the coils have been redesigned so it's no longer an issue. I was so impressed with the Racer that I bought two. I have an order placed for the new Racer2. These three Racers keep company with a White's V3i, DFX, MXT Pro, M6, IDX Pro, Surfmaster PI Dual Field, a Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Silver Sabre II, and a Teknetics Omega 8500. Build quality on all are comparable with the exception of the Sovereign, but it does things the others don't.
ARE you saying that the Sovereign is the best built detector out there ? I always said that the Sovereign was the best detector out there .But it could be that now that Nokta will take it's place .

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy, I was saying that the Sovereign IS NOT the best built detector out there, just the contrary, but it does an outstanding job on the wet saltwater beach sand. The Makro detectors are very well built, right up there at the top, and their customer service is second to none in my experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread