Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose the Racer 2. Mainly because I like that iron range is 1 to 10 instead of 1 to 40.

That leaves a lot more id's to be used for non-ferrous targets.

Also because the control location is more ideal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose the Racer 2. Mainly because I like that iron range is 1 to 10 instead of 1 to 40.

That leaves a lot more id's to be used for non-ferrous targets.

Also because the control location is more ideal for me.

What donyou mean? Both the Fors and Makro have the same Iron id system and range from one to 99. You must be confusing it with Mask.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the 1-99 range, the new racer 2 only uses 1-10 to ID iron targets. The original racer, like the Nokta line, uses 1-40 to ID iron.

Users complained that too many good targets were being lumped into the low 80's. The racer 2 will use ID numbers 11-99 for non-ferrous instead of 40-99. This will allow much more accurate identifying of non iron targets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still wavering on which one. The Nokta is $150 less so that may be a factor?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the 1-99 range, the new racer 2 only uses 1-10 to ID iron targets. The original racer, like the Nokta line, uses 1-40 to ID iron.

Users complained that too many good targets were being lumped into the low 80's. The racer 2 will use ID numbers 11-99 for non-ferrous instead of 40-99. This will allow much more accurate identifying of non iron targets.

This is the same with the T2and the F75.....and is a big reason why I preferred the F75. This new Racer should be a big success!

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have decided on a Racer 2. I just like having the info in front of me on a nice screen.

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Racer 2 ordered. Now the waiting game begins. Hopefully only 2-3 weeks

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Racer 2 ordered. Now the waiting game begins. Hopefully only 2-3 weeks

Give us a review and your thoughts on the Racer 2 after a few hunts to let us know what you think if it...The Pros and Cons!....Thanks!

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm receiving my Racer 2 on Wednesday. I'll have some reports soon if the rain holds off.

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm receiving my Racer 2 on Wednesday. I'll have some reports soon if the rain holds off.

Awesome. I just got notice mine will ship tomorrow. I should now have it by Thursday I would think. Hopefully Saturday will be nice weather.

gregg5150

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave and Hammer0149, I think you made the right choice. Both the Fors CoRe and R2 will give you great performance, however, since the Racer 2 is here and ready for release will offer you more features such as Iron Audio Volume, Tone Breaks, Notch Disc (along with the standard variable disc) Also as mentioned above, they did expand the non-ferrous range from 41-99 to 11-99. For example a Nickel on the Original Racer or Fors CoRe rings in at a vdi 56 The new Racer 2 with the expanded non-ferrous range, that same nickel will now ring in at a vdi of 31 so the high conductors are spread out a bit more and not lumped in the 82-83 range.

Also the Racer 2 has the new designed ergonomics, the S grip is more relaxed and not near as abrupt as the original Racer....I would say it is about like holding a White's M6 plus the fact that they re-did the standard 7x11 coil which is now very similar to the Fors CoRe stock coil, makes it a nice machine to swing. I just got done playing with Monte's Racer 2 a few hours ago that Makro provided him awhile back. They still amaze me. With the stock coil, gain 85, 2 tone, disc set at 3 ( remember 10 knocks out all iron, a setting of 3 or 4 will knock out nails) I could hit the penny on the nail board test 8 for 8 no sweat. The feature I will enjoy the most will be the iron audio volume, on my original Racer or Fors CoRe I ran very low disc and listened to a lot of the iron. Now I have the option of adjusting the iron/low tone to just barely hear it or turn it off completely.

Without a doubt the R2 will give you many different ways to set up your machine for specific ways that you might want to hunt. I also forgot to mention that the R2 also retains memory. Once you set it up how you like it...it then can be saved. I see on diff forums and diff threads , battles are raging over MX Sport vs this or that etc etc. Other than "waterproof" which I really never had a need I personally feel that for a modern digital machine there isn't a better one out there for performance, options and price.

I can do with the Stock coil of the Racer 2 on Monte's nail board test, what most machines with a smaller, say, 5-8" coil can't do and that is hit the penny 8 for 8 times. My MXT Pro or M6 with the Eclipse 5.3 or 5" detech coil will only get 6 of 8 maybe 7 if you count a iffy signal. T2 with 5" coil....nope, might hit 5 of 8 and the list goes on. Of course I look at this from a POV of someone that hunts iron infested ghost towns 90%+ of the time and I haven't found a better "Modern" machine that will unmask goodies in iron better then a Makro or Nokta. The XP might .....if they would offer a smaller then 9" coil. Some will say the Nail board test proves nothing.....well then they would be wrong. Its a tool and that's all it is, but a good tool.

If I am going to face a very challenging iron infested site, such as ghost towns, old homesteads etc The Nail Board Test will quickly help me determine which machines can better handle those types of sites and which ones I'll pass on. I want the machine that can hit the penny (surrounded by four nails) 8 out of 8 times, not the machine that struggles to get 4-5 hits out of 8 and so on and so forth. Geez, I rambling....sorry. But Dave, I think you and others will very happy with your Racer 2. Your lucky you get yours on Wed. I have to wait till next Monday for UPS to get mine here :(

Last edited:

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info Gregg. Now I really won't be able to sleep for the next 2 nights until my Racer 2 arrives. [emoji4]

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ty very much Gregg. Getting me anxious as well to receive my new machine. I just looked and it is on the big brown truck already!!! Will have it by tonight!!

Last edited:

gregg5150

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know what you think of the R2 and how it works out for you.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting for updates !!!!!! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions