Gold Racer 2.6 ghz wireless headphones

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This question is directed at any Makro representatives or dealers that may monitor this forum, but others feel free to chime in. I have attempted to get answers directly from Makro, but was directed back to a dealer, who doesn't know any of the answers.

1.) Are these wireless headphones being sold anywhere in the world? Really looking forward to getting a pair, but so far they seem to be an optional accessory that does not yet exist.

2.) Is the wireless module specific to this particular detector? Will it work with the Racer and Racer 2 detectors?

3.) Will the dongle be available for sale separately and will I be able to utilize a different brand of 2.6ghz headphones in conjunction with the dongle?

The headphones that were included with my detector were faulty, in that the threshold became crackly and pulsed every time they were plugged in. Also the target ID numbers would change wildly until you unplugged the headphones. They definitely did not appear to be expensive headphones - lets just leave it at that. I didn't expect much given the price difference between the standard package and the pro package when the cost for the extra coil/shaft is factored in.

When I plugged in a different set of headphones, the problem went away. The only issue has been the fact that the display backlight causes a quiet but deep humming noise in the background. When you turn that light off, the humming noise goes away. Hopefully they can find a way to filter this noise out when they release the wireless headphones.....

I have been using the detector without headphones and it seems to perform satisfactorily.

Since it is being advertised as an accessory, it would be nice if Makro could at least leak a few details.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I need to ask these guys for some details...they have been using the wireless headphones for 4 months now.

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg
This question is directed at any Makro representatives or dealers that may monitor this forum, but others feel free to chime in. I have attempted to get answers directly from Makro, but was directed back to a dealer, who doesn't know any of the answers.

1.) Are these wireless headphones being sold anywhere in the world? Really looking forward to getting a pair, but so far they seem to be an optional accessory that does not yet exist.

2.) Is the wireless module specific to this particular detector? Will it work with the Racer and Racer 2 detectors?

3.) Will the dongle be available for sale separately and will I be able to utilize a different brand of 2.6ghz headphones in conjunction with the dongle?

The headphones that were included with my detector were faulty, in that the threshold became crackly and pulsed every time they were plugged in. Also the target ID numbers would change wildly until you unplugged the headphones. They definitely did not appear to be expensive headphones - lets just leave it at that. I didn't expect much given the price difference between the standard package and the pro package when the cost for the extra coil/shaft is factored in.

When I plugged in a different set of headphones, the problem went away. The only issue has been the fact that the display backlight causes a quiet but deep humming noise in the background. When you turn that light off, the humming noise goes away. Hopefully they can find a way to filter this noise out when they release the wireless headphones.....

I have been using the detector without headphones and it seems to perform satisfactorily.

Since it is being advertised as an accessory, it would be nice if Makro could at least leak a few details.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new set of the Racer Bluetooth headphones and dongle for the Racer new in the box. Would you be interested in trying them to see if they work? The dongle is red instead of black. I'm out of Racer 2s , so I don't have one to try it on.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne, I'm not sure that the Bluetooth dongle is compatible with the Gold Racer.
You would think that if it were compatible, they would have listed it as an accessory.

I appreciate the offer, but I think it would be safer for me to wait and get the 2.6 ghz headphones when they are released.
I was thinking maybe there was an issue with the FCC and that the headphones might be available overseas already.

This seems like a very active metal detecting forum - I'm surprised Makro does not have a representative that checks in here daily.

I have a new set of the Racer Bluetooth headphones and dongle for the Racer new in the box. Would you be interested in trying them to see if they work? The dongle is red instead of black. I'm out of Racer 2s , so I don't have one to try it on.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dilek from Makro does check in from time to time. The original Racer Bluetooth headphones have been out for awhile. The Racer 2 is new, so all the accessories may not be available yet.

Wayne

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should clarify - my detector is the Gold Racer...not the racer 2.
This is the new 56khz detector made for gold prospecting.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I missed the fact that you had the Gold Racer. Contact Makro US support at detector electronics Corp.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all... sorry to respond late. I try my best to read the forums and respond to questions on a daily basis. However, I also handle the Sales & Marketing for all Nokta & Makro right now so please forgive me if respond later than usual. We had an unexpected delay in getting some of the components of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones. As these headphones will be used with some of our future models, we are trying to eliminate any possible updates for the future. We are hoping to ship them soon. I will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Racer 2 headpnone do not work with the Gold racer , we will have to wait . UGH !!!!

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, that answers a couple of my questions.

Can you give an estimated price range?

There was an interesting thread here titled "ultimate wireless headphones" that offered an interesting solution that would work on all detectors.
I'm kind of holding off purchasing quality headphones until I know more about what this optional accessory consists of.

Hello all... sorry to respond late. I try my best to read the forums and respond to questions on a daily basis. However, I also handle the Sales & Marketing for all Nokta & Makro right now so please forgive me if respond later than usual. We had an unexpected delay in getting some of the components of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones. As these headphones will be used with some of our future models, we are trying to eliminate any possible updates for the future. We are hoping to ship them soon. I will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Makro Racer 2 headphone are around 200.00 bucks . I don't know anything about the others you were talking about .

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Gold Racer myself. I didn't even try the el cheapo headset they gave me with it instead I plugged my Koss UR20s into it and the thing went nutso as you described. This was the first time I used it in the field. I am a very experienced metal detector user and I was ready to just return the thing. Until I used it without headphones and then it was fine and worked great. So now we have a problem here folks. I will try another set of phones today and see what it does but if its the same bs its going back and goodbye Makro for good.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Racer Headphones

I have a Gold Racer myself. I didn't even try the el cheapo headset they gave me with it instead I plugged my Koss UR20s into it and the thing went nutso as you described. This was the first time I used it in the field. I am a very experienced metal detector user and I was ready to just return the thing. Until I used it without headphones and then it was fine and worked great. So now we have a problem here folks. I will try another set of phones today and see what it does but if its the same bs its going back and goodbye Makro for good.

Keep us posted how it turns out. I have notified my dealer of the issue but have not tried different head phones.

Did you use the adapter that they supplied or your own?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread