A Bold statement made by Makro with the R2....

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never even with my CoRe and Racer did I think in my wildest dreams it could get much better unmasking wise. The R2 has bumped it up quite a few notches. I'm still hunting, yes, same places we have hunted over 2 years. By myself mind you, it's "hunted" out, as far as most all machines go. Along comes the R2. Same old house lot's that have had probably 800 plus man hours with all types of machines and excellent detectorist running them. I visited these same places with R1 and dug some more stuff after slamming it with the CoRe, realizing then what these machines can do. I've mentioned before it's not about depth, more than we can imagine is hiding being masked by something or several things, mostly nails 1-5 inches deep. In my case modern through early 1800's stuff and trash. Not for the weak hearted trust me. Not in my wildest dreams did I think an iron audio could be hiding so much. I've dug a lot of coins that I'd bet you were not there since the R2. The tone break being adjustable also helps me being a coin hunter, just no where near as much as being able to drop that iron audio down to a slight sizzle buzz. I've dug several hundred coins +. Today dug my 20th silver that I knew was not there, with the R2! I, we don't dig that many in a year, any year, none of us, even all together. It's just been a month....... So much stuff masked and still there. A nuance I've came across that is probably 80-90% for me. I'm not moving the coil fast at all. In heavy trash/nails, 3 tone, second tone break at 79, max on audio tone, 700 khz. Middle tone at 400 khz, enough to be able to discern the machine is telling you something is there pitch difference. While swinging if you get a high tone tiny blip. While dissecting it if the TID does not climb into the mid 90's on some passes more than likely it's good metal, higher conductive coins for me. If it does get into the 90's I'm not digging coins. Just trash/iron/nails most all the time. You would be shocked at how much I have to disassemble my plugs to get at the targets there's so much metal in these places. I can't imagine them building much better of a machine but I will wait patiently because Makro/Nokta are setting a very high goal for the other companies. I'll say this, if you have an R2 and are not in the nastiest trashiest places you can hunt you just might be a fool. I'm impressed is all I can say........wild ride we are on here.
R2 Silver #20 this morning.

Total little over an hour hunt and the trash co-located with the coins. I have hunted probably 50 or more times in this one small spot these came out of.

R2 silver that has been hiding. We've ran a bunch of machines over this place...........Hiding in plain sight!

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never even with my CoRe and Racer did I think in my wildest dreams it could get much better unmasking wise. The R2 has bumped it up quite a few notches. I'm still hunting, yes, same places we have hunted over 2 years. By myself mind you, it's "hunted" out, as far as most all machines go. Along comes the R2. Same old house lot's that have had probably 800 plus man hours with all types of machines and excellent detectorist running them. I visited these same places with R1 and dug some more stuff after slamming it with the CoRe, realizing then what these machines can do. I've mentioned before it's not about depth, more than we can imagine is hiding being masked by something or several things, mostly nails 1-5 inches deep. In my case modern through early 1800's stuff and trash. Not for the weak hearted trust me. Not in my wildest dreams did I think an iron audio could be hiding so much. I've dug a lot of coins that I'd bet you were not there since the R2. The tone break being adjustable also helps me being a coin hunter, just no where near as much as being able to drop that iron audio down to a slight sizzle buzz. I've dug several hundred coins +. Today dug my 20th silver that I knew was not there, with the R2! I, we don't dig that many in a year, any year, none of us, even all together. It's just been a month....... So much stuff masked and still there. A nuance I've came across that is probably 80-90% for me. I'm not moving the coil fast at all. In heavy trash/nails, 3 tone, second tone break at 79, max on audio tone, 700 khz. Middle tone at 400 khz, enough to be able to discern the machine is telling you something is there pitch difference. While swinging if you get a high tone tiny blip. While dissecting it if the TID does not climb into the mid 90's on some passes more than likely it's good metal, higher conductive coins for me. If it does get into the 90's I'm not digging coins. Just trash/iron/nails most all the time. You would be shocked at how much I have to disassemble my plugs to get at the targets there's so much metal in these places. I can't imagine them building much better of a machine but I will wait patiently because Makro/Nokta are setting a very high goal for the other companies. I'll say this, if you have an R2 and are not in the nastiest trashiest places you can hunt you just might be a fool. I'm impressed is all I can say........wild ride we are on here.
R2 Silver #20 this morning.

Total little over an hour hunt and the trash co-located with the coins. I have hunted probably 50 or more times in this one small spot these came out of.

R2 silver that has been hiding. We've ran a bunch of machines over this place...........Hiding in plain sight!

Considering one myself. Thanks for the post.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the Racer and loved it. Got the Racer 2 and love it more. Might have to leave the wife for the Impact.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread