Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When using Detector Pro Jolly Roger headphones (16 ohm) with my Racer 2, the sound quality is fantastic but the volume is not very loud even when both detector and headphone volume controls are at max.

I use white Apple ear buds when the weather is hot and can only run them at half volume or it's too loud. They sound great too but do not cancel outside noise at all, so they're not good for noisy environments.

Is there a small, inline amplifier of some sort I can use with my Jolly Rogers to increase the volume but maintain that great quality sound?

Thanks.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's weiird, coz i've used wireless headphones and wired ones, really cheap wired ones and on both headphones and on the detector I can't even get close to half way up on the volume without it bursting my ear drums....is the volume ok, as in LOUD when using without headphones?

Matt

OP
OP
dave_e

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The volume through external speaker is loud.

I've used 2 sets of wireless (bluetooth and FM) and a couple of wired sets without volume issues. Only had volume issues with the Jolly Rogers.

I ended up replacing the Jolly Rogers with Black Widows. They have both fantastic quality and volume. I run the detector at max volume, but the headphones are at 50%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for a new pair of quality headphones....so you rate the Black Widows high then?

Got a link for them?

How much they cost you?

cheers
Matt.

OP
OP
dave_e

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rate them higher than Ghosts and Rogers. They're DetectorPro products too, so you get a lifetime warranty! I value that a lot.
They block outside noise really well.

Contact Craig at ShowMeTreasure.com. He'll set you up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread