XP Deus users might want to take note

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Running Impact detector in mode DI99,, doing this sounds a whole lot like Deus running full tones. And put the smaller coil on,,and get into some sites loaded with iron and nails,,,this Impact detector and smaller coil combo,,,,will definitely pull some nonferrous goodies.
So far my favorite way to run.
Learning curve here for Deus users--minimal.

Extraordinary performance using smaller coil.

Can hunt behind Deus too,,and make finds.
There will be also a mid sized coil offering,,,I think it measures close to 5x9",,,I haven't tested one of these,,,but it if it's anything like the 4x7" coil,,,could be another great performer (separation/unmasking wise),,yet yield a little more depth.

If any Deus user,,gets a chance to be around a person with Impact detector,,,by all means try and hunt together with them in some polluted sites with iron and nails,,modern trash too.
You may be surprised.

And I want folks to understand here,,,I own 2 complete Deus units,have loads of detecting time with the units,,,I am a believer in Deus,,,but am also a belIever in Impact now,,,since I have tested and hunted with,,,and yes in sites I busted hard with Deus,,,and yes some head to head on targets done.

Last edited:

Prius

Sep 3, 2011
Hi TNSS,
Just wanted to let you know that I read all of your posts on the main sites. You may not hear it often enough, but I and many others appreciate all the time you take to share you knowledge. Always unbiased and kind. I have a Xterra 705. I am looking to add a new Impact Pro pack or the new Deus 4.0 with the high frequency elliptical coil. I will be watching for your evaluation of these new products. If I am ever in Tennessee, I will look you up. Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TNSS,
Just wanted to let you know that I read all of your posts on the main sites. You may not hear it often enough, but I and many others appreciate all the time you take to share you knowledge. Always unbiased and kind. I have a Xterra 705. I am looking to add a new Impact Pro pack or the new Deus 4.0 with the high frequency elliptical coil. I will be watching for your evaluation of these new products. If I am ever in Tennessee, I will look you up. Good luck and HH.

I really appreciate that.
I like sharing info,,and if it will help folks,,that's great.
Good luck whatever you decide on being your next detector,,,,sounds like you have narrowed it down to 2 worthy devices.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll echo the appreciation! Thanks for taking the time to post.

I do have a question. I'm an MXT fanboy. I just love the machine and have been traveling to Europe several times a year with it. But it is a pain to travel with because of the space it takes up. I have to use the hardshell case for it which takes up most of my checked bag (IMO, it is too fragile not to fly in a hardshell case). I also find the ergonomics of the MXT to be fairly poor (I always manage to bump my leg with its wide control box). I'm ready for a more travel friendly, ergonomic detector, but am also ready for an upgrade to a more versatile machine (multi freq, programmable, etc). At the top of that list now are the Deus and Impact. The guys I travel with all have the Deus and I am very familiar with how easy it collapses down into almost any bag. But can you add any comments or possibly a photo of what the Impact looks like fully collapsed? I'm leaning towards purchasing the Impact over a Deus already based on price and features, but need a nudge in one direction or another. If the Impact collapses down nicely in a checked bag without any other protection needed (hardshell case), then I think it will be my next detector.

Thank you!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a question, is the Impact's recovery speed as fast as the Relic's and CoRe's recovery speed? The Racer's recovery speed sure wasn't.

tabman

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question, is the Impact's recovery speed as fast as the Relic's and CoRe's recovery speed? The Racer's recovery speed sure wasn't.

tabman

So far,,based on my and use,,,Impact detector detector wearing smallest coil,,,top notched performance,,,I don't know really performance wise when talking about combined depth and separation/unmasking abilities---- it is sensational,,I don't know what detector and coil combo can keep with with when talking about both categories here. I know I don't have one,,and have never run another that does.
So far when hunting in sites loaded with nails and iron,,,the sites busted with Nokta relic with small coil seem to be ones that are the most challenging for Impact,,,but Impact can still deliver.

Stock coil,,,better separation performance vs Racers and a lot of other detectors.
Now,,when we are taking about stock sized coils,,,this talk here gets closer to what I call splitting hairs moreso.

Impact wearing stock coil,,,does separate and unmask better than a lot of detectors out there.
At the risk of turning this thread into a firestorm,,I will not mention any other brands/models detectors here.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll echo the appreciation! Thanks for taking the time to post.

I do have a question. I'm an MXT fanboy. I just love the machine and have been traveling to Europe several times a year with it. But it is a pain to travel with because of the space it takes up. I have to use the hardshell case for it which takes up most of my checked bag (IMO, it is too fragile not to fly in a hardshell case). I also find the ergonomics of the MXT to be fairly poor (I always manage to bump my leg with its wide control box). I'm ready for a more travel friendly, ergonomic detector, but am also ready for an upgrade to a more versatile machine (multi freq, programmable, etc). At the top of that list now are the Deus and Impact. The guys I travel with all have the Deus and I am very familiar with how easy it collapses down into almost any bag. But can you add any comments or possibly a photo of what the Impact looks like fully collapsed? I'm leaning towards purchasing the Impact over a Deus already based on price and features, but need a nudge in one direction or another. If the Impact collapses down nicely in a checked bag without any other protection needed (hardshell case), then I think it will be my next detector.

Thank you!

Okay,,Impact doesn't collapsed like Deus will.
A person can take the rod apart,,and remove rod from upper stem,,and remove coil.

I will take a pic,,with Deus collapsed and Impact taken part for you to see.
Will post pic here.

Here is both detectors.
Deus is collapsed,,so that rod length wise doesn't go past upper stem.
Coil is still attached to Deus. Remote is attached,,but you would never want to travel (packed with it on).

Impact,,rod is separated,,coil cable unscrewed,,,coil is still attached and is flipped back like Deus' is.

Only 2 parts here in pic with Impact.
Also,,arm cuff could be removed from Impact and positioned so as not to take up so much room (protruding).

Headphones not pictured for either.

Last edited:

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a deus user looking forward to the upcoming release of the impact. My hunting buddy and I are both very interested in the Impact. Really glad I haven't pulled the trigger on a 2nd detector yet......

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread