tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another hunt today 2-26-17
An old house,,where a large family was reared,,,12 children. All gone but the baby child,,he's 83 now,,and getting feeble.

House built around turn of 20th century. I have hunted quite a bit.
Before today on all hunts only silver in front yard found,,war nickel.
The rest of the area,,,silver was found 7 merc dimes in the back,,a few wheats too,,on the left side of house a few wheats also.
I found a nice little FFA pin here on the left side of house hunting earlier too.
One thimble in the front yard near well casing,

Before today,,,Detectors used in this site,,,Etrac using 10x12 SEF coil,,,Etrac using 6x8 SEF coil,,Etrac using Sunray 5" coil ( it got me the war nickel),, CTX wearing stock coil,,,Deus wearing 9 (got the thimble) and 11" coils,,,Makro Racer 1 wearing smallest coil,,Nokta CoRe wearing smallest coil (it got me the FFA pin).

All silver was found with Etrac,,the dimes using 10x12sef coil.

So today,,I went back to this site,,,should say this family dirt poor,,,have not even found any signs in yards of any toys,,did dig a hair beret up on the hill behind the house by a big standing rock. This rock used to be used to take pics back in the day.

A real site to test any detector.
I didn't expect to find much,,,but one never knows.

This pic below,,,the finds on the right scored with Impact while wearing smallest coil,,,the finds on the left found with another worthy detector. No head to head done either. Btw way equal was given to both detectors and the same general areas were searched using both detectors.

I really liked the performance of the Impact detector here at this site,,,I used 14khz,,,the coins rolled in with super tone and ID to boot,,,shocking to me actually since they were discovered in the worst part of site from a junk and ferrous standpoint.

Notice the one find on the right ,,non coin,,,it rang in nicely using 14khz,,,this find a little further from the house (not far from where the FFA pin was found).
After it rang up on meter with nice tone,,,going to 5khz,,I noticed the TID stayed at 50-51,, so I knew pretty much it wouldn't be a copper coin,,or silver,,but could be a good mid conductive target,,and sure enough,,,I think it is part of a zipper. Btw most what I call real junk will usually read lower 40s and even lower in 5khz.

Something else I should mention here,,I didn't see any targets here today (junk or lower condcutive like tab/can slaw) try and fool me by the Impact wanting to run up the TID on these with matching TID to boot.

Impressive performance witnessed again today for me.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread