Nokta Impact Depth Measurement Accuracy?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. This is Dilek – Sales and Marketing Manager of Nokta & Makro products.

I just wanted to chime in here so the readers are not misled by some of the posts here.
It is true that we had issues with early releases of some of the models just like every single manufacturer in this industry had.
Ear breakages - We have never denied it and I personally made a declaration on all forums that I am a member of and we have replaced every single one of them up to date and we will continue to do for every case moving forward as well.
We have not had 1 ear breakage on the racer 2 coils and all the original Red Racers have been shipping with the Racer 2 coils for many months now.

Impact has been being tested by more than 30 people around the world with some testers testing it since October 2016.
We have updated so many things since the first day of the field tests and now we feel we are ready to release it.
This does not mean that we will have 0% failure as this is impossible to achieve in any sector or industry in the world.

And regarding the comment about the updates:
THIS MACHINE IS NOT RELEASED TO PUBLIC YET. THE UPDATES ARE FOR THE TESTERS BASED ON FEEDBACKS RECEIVED FROM THEM AS WELL AS FORUM MEMBERS. WE JUST LET THE TESTERS SPEAK OPENLY ABOUT THIS ON THE FORUMS.

And lastly I will just copy and post my comments from another forum regarding the IMPACT and testers:
''Hello everybody.
I wanted to chime in here and say a few words as I have been reading some of the posts with mixed emotions - disappointment / sadness / surprise …BUT with confidence all the way.

It has never been a secret that we send free test units to people around the world and we do this for 2 reasons ONLY:
1.We want our devices to be tested by certain individuals such as Tom D, Keith Southern, Steve Herschbach , Monte etc. ASSUMING that the detector community do respect their opinions and feedbacks.
2.We get the units tested on different grounds and environmental conditions to be able to offer end users around the world the most optimized and bug-free device.

For the first time with the IMPACT though, we decided to send the unit to more testers with different experience levels and to people who seem to be very satisfied with certain competition models (such as Lawrenzo – and I mean no insult with this). Moreover, we WERE ASKED RIGHT ON THIS FORUM by some members to send this unit to a hardcore coin hunter and I personally said ‘’ Name a hardcore coin hunter that the majority of the members would agree to.’’
I was given 2 names – we ended up sending one of them the unit – ‘’ wjs’’ as his name came up first and we had limited testing units at the time!

We have never, at any point, ASKED or REQUESTED any of these testers to talk about the device on forums or any other social media as our sole purpose was to advance the detector based on their findings and that is how we ended up with revision v1.11 with the software!
We only asked them NOT to talk about it until we made the official announcement. And we have NOT asked them to tell us what they were going to say in advance or had any kind of influence on what they were going to share! The only thing we asked them was to state the revision of the software if they were to share videos to avoid confusion and misinformation. Every one of them can vouch for this.
Now, we sent this unit to others in the UK, France, Italy, Australia and many other countries. Most of these people are not writing on forums or talking about the device at all. The testers ARE not picked to advertise BUT to test the units and give us feedbacks. Advertising is my job and I do not do that on forums!

We have never made any unrealistic claims about the IMPACT and stated that it was a ground breaking technology - Neither any VLF device on the market today is. BUT we do have a lot of features of the IMPACT and our other devices that are unique to our company and engineering and this is a fact. Therefore, it is really hard for us to comprehend how some people who have not even seen a device belonged to our company- let alone using it – could make comments about our devices or their performances.

Now regarding the testers – I, as the Sales & Marketing Manager of Nokta & Makro will not let any of these testers to be subject to slander or abuse.
These people spend hours and hours testing the product and believe me they do not need to go thru the hassle to get 1 free device. Most of them ask us what they will do with the device after the tests and we ask them to keep it because:
1.It will cost us a lot of money and time to get these units imported back here with all the customs laws and bureaucracy here.
2.I personally think they deserve a lot more for what they give back to us.
I, once again, THANK all testers for the time and effort they have spent to test the IMPACT and I do apologize that some of them were criticized very unfairly.

HOWEVER, if many members and the testers agree, I would be more than happy to tell them not to post anything on the forums before or after release for the next project . We are a very open and honest company. All we need is their feedbacks to better the product – we don’t need the hype or the talk. The product will speak for itself.

The success of our company and/or products should not intimidate anybody as we, as a company, have a lot of respect for competition and we truly believe that competition forces manufacturers to offer better products and benefits the end-users at the end. As they are working on new technologies, we are not just waiting or watching. They may succeed with the famous engineers today …we may succeed with the famous engineers of the future….only time will tell.

My personal intake on all this - We, as a company, will just keep on working more and more and delivering… the rest is up to our valued customers' - whom we owe were we are today - appreciation and decision!

THANK YOU all on behalf of my team and company.

Dilek''

Little history I've owned a lot of Garrett machines and recently both at series. The AT gold was the best of any that I owned it destroyed the pro in about everything but maybe a park. I'm a relic hunter and bought a xp deus las year and love this machine. I didn't think anything would be better than the at gold. I went out last weekend in a very hunted out trashy spot and the deus didn't let me down. 2 Indians in a spot I've pulled many. I'm getting off topic lol like I said I'm a relic hunter and field hunter where old home steads use to be. This impact has me intrigued but a couple questions. What would you say the recovery speed would be compared to? Are there any options for maybe wireless earbuds. It sounds like a deep fast machine and that is great for hunting trashy old sites.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until the recent price drop by Fisher, the F75 LTD was more expensive. The ATP isn't comparable to the Impact other than they're both detectors. The Impact is more detector than the ATP which oddly enough, coincides with the Impact costing more.

Like Fisher , Garrett and Whites have had to deal with ? Or is your pithiness Nokta exclusive ?
Im not surprised by alk the attacks. My concern is you are trying to liberate money from unsuspecting people. The fact a mod seems associated with this detector leads me to believe there is bias. This used to be such a good site. Tisk tisk.

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do these work in salt water and on wet salty beaches? Or are these just not a salt water machine? Can they be submerged?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not submersible or weather proof like an AT Pro or MX Sport. The coil is waterproof, but the detector is not. Still waiting to hear myself how they perform on the beach.

seaham358

Greenie
Apr 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few videos on youtube of someone using them in SW... Seems to do good from what I can see in the video. I plan on using mine while on vacation at Myrtle Beach at the end of June. COG mode was developed for salt water/beaches according to manual.

CCadrin

Mar 24, 2008
In dry sand you can use any mode.

In wet sand I did a test and was able to hit coins over 6 inches and as deep as 10 inches. The wet sand I tested in was also black sand and the depths are no where the depths of the soft fluffy sands else where. As for comparisons, my Sovereign GT would hit quarters at 10" in CT but I had depths over 12" in Ocean City, MD , Rhode Island, and in NC.

At times it was running quiet and others was a little falsing and I think that was due to the black sand. I don't remember the settings I was using besides COG mode. In this location, my CTX can hit quarters around 12" and the Impact hit it at 10".

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say this, from day one Nokta/Makro has had an active voice on these forums and others. They have been actively answering questions and listening to its audience. They design the only single frequency VLF that work well at reasonable depth in super salty beaches. While ive been treated very well by First Texas(fantastic customer service), Whites and others. Where are they on these forums? We congregate here, the common people who actually use these machines to their full capacity.

Last edited:

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same guy giving a thumbs up to impact has also given thumbs up to many detectors. Thread seems biased. I see the detector Mills are starting up again. Every unit has had one guy who was not happy. I am hearing great things and seeing nothing but lip Service. Will not be following this thread until it gets some manners

Agreed 100%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread