Nokta Velox One help...

JeremiahEdward

Aug 7, 2016
Williamsport, Pa
Detector(s) used
Nokta Velox One, Makro Racer(Red), Garret AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have purchased a Nokta Velox One brand new this past week. I took it to a park that I routinely hit in the past with an AT Pro. The problem I have is that the Nokta sounds off rapid fire beeps ever single square inch of the ground. It's a cacophony of noise. It's so bad, you would NEVER hear a good target over the beeps.

I turned the sensitivity all the way down as far as it would go, and it's still the same.. although more crackly like it's trying to be discriminated out or something. I have messed with the ground balance knob and it does nothing to clean up the falsing. As soon as I move the coil even an inch, there are a ton beeps.

I have a return label ready to send it back, but I wanted to ask guys/gals who have used it.. does this sound normal? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Ground Digger

Jul 31, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
Shadow X5, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeremiah,

I also have a new Velox, about a month old. I have had no issues at all and it's a great performer. It's unfortunate that this detector has not gotten more attention. Double check your coil connection, your set up adjustments and battery condition. If everything looks good email Dilek at Nokta and let her know what's going on. The customer service from Nokta is second to none.

Good Luck

Ground Digger

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The velox is a very powerful detector are you sure its not emi? Or a hairline crack on the coil?
Chub

Ground Digger

Jul 31, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeremiah,

How did things turn out with your Velox?

OP
OP
J

JeremiahEdward

Aug 7, 2016
Williamsport, Pa
Detector(s) used
Nokta Velox One, Makro Racer(Red), Garret AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I originally returned the Velox One and went back to my old detectors. I saw one at a drastically reduce price and decided to give it another shot and I am experiencing the same issues. Both in PA and in IL (different soils). I have checked all connections and batteries and everything is OK. I'll upload a video in a minute. Shallow targets are able to be heard over the constant loud chatter, but I'm afraid I will miss every deeper target with this machine.

I have watched the instructions on Youtube put out by Nokta on ground balancing and detector set up. To no avail.....

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Vp0ZpTKxywQkRfeUloQU9Ua2c/view?usp=sharing[/video]

Ground Digger

Jul 31, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched the video and it sounded like an over sensitivity problem. I have not had any problems like that with mine even in damp grass. The performance of this detector has been great and even impressed my friends. I also have the 5" coil for the trashy and tight areas that has worked really well. Dilek and the Nokta team will be very helpful when they get back from the holiday.

oneton

Jul 24, 2006
LOUISIANA
This is not the first time i have heard the nokta velox one has a lot of chattering going on and this will not be good for me. I was going to sell my Nautilus 2b and get a velox but i think this will be a mistake.Atleast until someone can prove different and not a dealer either or not a velox salesman from over the pond

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread