My brand new Impact is not working properly at all... must contact Nokta i guess

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the best way to contact Nokta to see if they can help me figure this out or how to send it back. I have had this Impact for 2 days!
I'm out detecting just in a school soccer field trying to get used to it. DI4, all stock settings. sweeping and finding targets... working fine. Get to an area and it gets real unstable like I'm in bad EMI area so I go to expert, scroll down to frequency and chose 5Khz to see if that is any better and then nothing... not a peep out of it. I lay a quarter on the ground and nothing. Switch back to 14Khz, the little lines in the GB window, stop at around 80 and nothing... not a sound. I do the same with 20khz... nothing. the buttons work and I can move from mode to mode, I can move through the settings menu but no sound at all. Take out the headphones but nothing from the speaker either. Turn it off. Turn it on some times it would start to work and as soon as I changed frequency it would go silent again. I change batteries. Battery level shows full battery level. After 6 tries I give up.
Any idea why this might happen? Operator error or faulty machine?
how do I contact Nokta about this?

OP
OP
gene the machine

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked coil connection: good
I reset to factory defaults: AOK
Inserted fresh batteries: check
Went out in the yard for 30 minutes and could not replicate the problem. I guess I'll see when I can run it longer but maybe it's ok too.
The only other thing that I wonder about is if I did a proper ground balance? If GB wasn't done correctly could it make it so that I don't hear any audio? Though I did turn if off and on again numerous times and I don't think that I ground balanced every time it went silent.
Anyway, just another day in the life of a techie detectorist...

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Please send an email including:
The serial number of the device along with a short video showing the issue to [email protected] and we will further assist you.
If the video is too big, you can send it via wetransfer.com.

OP
OP
gene the machine

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You Very Much. I will do so today. I appreciate the quick response.

Hello. Please send an email including:
The serial number of the device along with a short video showing the issue to [email protected] and we will further assist you.
If the video is too big, you can send it via wetransfer.com.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread