Nokta Impact arm strap: take 2

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P7010539.jpg Doah!!! I am such a knucklehead. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to put the strap on so I used a cable tie to keep the loop end from pulling through BUT what I didn't even look closely at was the other end that has a small tab that once folded up a little will not pull through the slot in the arm cuff. Here's some pictures to show you what I'm talking about. P6260522.jpg P7010537.jpg P7010538.jpg

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't put my arm strap on the Impact. I didn't use it on my ATpro either. Is it easier with it on.?I just never started using one so I don't know any different.

OP
OP
gene the machine

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it does make it so that when the strap is snug it feels like the detector is part of my arm and not something that I'm holding with just my hand. Try it one hunt and see. Less fatigue too. An the other thing is how wide the arm guard is on the Impact and my arm feels like a clapper in a bell. I have it snug but I can pull my arm out without much trouble and slide it in too so that I don't have to adjust it every time that I take my arm out.
I didn't put my arm strap on the Impact. I didn't use it on my ATpro either. Is it easier with it on.?I just never started using one so I don't know any different.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok.Thanks. I agree that the arm cuff is a little wide so if I can still find it I'll give it a try.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey gene,I found my arm strap and put it on. It does feel good. Haven't been out with it yet but hopefully this weekend I will. Walked around the yard a bit and feels solid. Thanks HH

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On my Racer 2, I don't use the strap unless I'm using the big 15" coil. The strap makes it much more comfortable when swinging that heavy thing for long periods.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my ATpro I have a bigger coil and it tends to get heavy by the end of the hunt. I will try it with that one too. Thanks and HH

OP
OP
gene the machine

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool. it does feel better with the strap. like you said: solid
gl &hh

Hey gene,I found my arm strap and put it on. It does feel good. Haven't been out with it yet but hopefully this weekend I will. Walked around the yard a bit and feels solid. Thanks HH

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me a few to figure out how it worked also. I always use it. Less wrist strain when hunting in the woods and stubble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread