NEW CONCENTRIC COILS FOR IMPACT AND RACER!

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Valued Members,

Due to customer requests, we have added a new 7’’ CONCENTRIC COIL to IMPACT and RACER coil assortments.
Please find below the part numbers and the pictures of these new coils.

The coils are available now and we will ship them to dealers as they are ordered!

http://noktadetectors.com/images/cb-web.jpg

IMPACT IM18C SEARCH COIL (7") CONCENTRIC BLACK
PART NUMBER: 20000725
MSRP:$129

RACER RC18C SEARCH COIL (7") CONCENTRIC BLACK
PART NUMBER: 20000726
MSRP:$129

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is big, really big. Thanks.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I'll bite and order one but I'm still waiting for a BigFoot type coil for the Impact. Something about 3.5" x 18" and light weight. THAT WOULD BE A COIL!

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want one really bad. I hate this wait for the retailers to stock them so we can order. Makro teases us, then makes us wait. Kind of like old girlfriends 55 years ago.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it here yet? Inquiring minds want to know. (fingers drumming)

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I talked with a rep today at metaldetector.com. I was told that the 7" round concentric coil should be posted on their website, to take orders, by the end of this week. That was good news.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I talked with a rep today at metaldetector.com. I was told that the 7" round concentric coil should be posted on their website, to take orders, by the end of this week. That was good news.

It's been a whole week, and no listing. I hate to be told something, then anticipated, then disappointment. Oh well, hopefully next week.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ordered the 7" concentric from metaldetector.com, for my Red racer.

You won't find it under search coils.
Go to metal detectors, then Makro, click on standard racer, then down to related products. You will find it there

$130.00 w/free shipping.

Last edited:

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took delivery on 7" concentric for Racer this morning. Our messing around with it for a few min this morning, I am all smiles. I think this coil will stay on my Racer 95% of the time.

Later on: now I know this new coil will stay on my Racer. Took it for it's first hunt on ground where I didn't really know what to expect. Just hoping.

In two hours, a set of 2 keys, toy airplane, 6 pennies, 2 dimes , and 1 nickel.

Also learned what the Racer is telling me with this 7" coil. Basically the same as the stock coil.
I am very pleased with this coil. A keeper imho. Really really easy to swing, and covers more ground than the 5" coil.

Pull tab 82. Penny 84. Had both under the coil within 5 inches. Dug the 84 first, spot on. 82 pull tab. Nice seperation.

Now the above is not some kind of miracle, as my DeLeon will do the same. But it does give one confidence in the md and the coil. Anytime a MD can compete with the DeLeon, now that's a miracle. Imgo.

Last edited:

scribben

Jul 9, 2017
northern ky
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact....... ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so this is my first year detecting since i was a child ... i have the impact with the stock coil also i have the small coil from the pro package . can someone explain to me the benefit of this 7" concentric coil to my stock one .
thanbks in advance

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scribben,
If you have to think about it , you probably don't need it.
You see, as soon as I heard about the 7" concentric, I knew I had to have one.

First of all, it's a concentric. Not a fan of DD coils.
Second, I felt the 5" coil was to small for my style of hunting. The stock coil was too heavy for my arthritic hands. The 7" is like in the middle. Everything I hoped for has proven true.

Benefits? I think this can't be answered in its entirety until tested on many hunts. The one thing I am most impressed about so far is pinpointing. Maybe the best I've experienced. The target is gravitated to the center. Amazing accuracy.

Last edited:

scribben

Jul 9, 2017
northern ky
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact....... ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scribben,
If you have to think about it , you probably don't need it.
You see, as soon as I heard about the 7" concentric, I knew I had to have one.

First of all, it's a concentric. Not a fan of DD coils.
Second, I felt the 5" coil was to small for my style of hunting. The stock coil was too heavy for my arthritic hands. The 7" is like in the middle. Everything I hoped for has proven true.

Benefits? I think this can't be answered in its entirety until tested on many hunts. The one thing I am most impressed about so far is pinpointing. Maybe the best I've experienced. The target is gravitated to the center. Amazing accuracy.

i have spent most of the year learning as much as possible, and i rely on these forums to help me make good purchasing decisions :) i really want the big coil so i think i will buy it firsty for field hunting and if i have the extra cash maybe the 7 later ... love the impact it has been easy to learn

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summary of concentric (coaxial) vs. DD search coils.

Concentric coils have a conical detection field (upside down cone that extends into the ground with the coil as the base) unlike DD coils which have thin sliced arched detection pattern that runs the length (front-to-back) width of the "spine" down the diameter of the coil. So search pattern overlap is essential with a concentric to achieve equivalent coverage.

Easier to pinpoint with concentric by the nature of the detection field.

Concentric coils handle discrimination better and are therefore less susceptible to being fooled by round iron objects sounding like coins (e.g., crown caps)

Concentric are more susceptible to interference from EMI sources, ground mineralization, and hot rocks, therefore, DD coils excel over concentric coils under most ground conditions and are, therefore, typically deeper for the same diameter. Hence, they are more popularly used than concentric/coaxial coils on mid and high end machines.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a side note: found two silver dimes with the Racer and 7" coil, this morning during a short hunt.
1941 Merc & 1957 Roosevelt. Along with a 1941 wheat.

Only my 2nd and 3rd silver coins of my 8 mo md career.
Found some other clad too, but the silvers were just plain fun.

The Red Racer w/7" concentric are a great match.

Semtav

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summary of concentric (coaxial) vs. DD search coils.

Concentric coils have a conical detection field (upside down cone that extends into the ground with the coil as the base) unlike DD coils which have thin sliced arched detection pattern that runs the length (front-to-back) width of the "spine" down the diameter of the coil. So search pattern overlap is essential with a concentric to achieve equivalent coverage.

Easier to pinpoint with concentric by the nature of the detection field.

Concentric coils handle discrimination better and are therefore less susceptible to being fooled by round iron objects sounding like coins (e.g., crown caps)

Concentric are more susceptible to interference from EMI sources, ground mineralization, and hot rocks, therefore, DD coils excel over concentric coils under most ground conditions and are, therefore, typically deeper for the same diameter. Hence, they are more popularly used than concentric/coaxial coils on mid and high end machines.

Thanks for the excellent explanation V. I know about the pinpointing but wondered about the rest since I started hearing about the 7" concentric. Wonder how that coil will discriminate out those round siding washers of old that just screw up a homestead hunt when encountered.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how they will compare, but modern detectors are biased to like just about anything round regardless of what it is made of. That being said, if the washers are ferrous and rust, then the concentric may be the way to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread