DI99 Tones

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're not going to like it. Better sell it to me. I need a second one. :occasion14:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't played with DI99 yet. Looks like im gonna get some quality time in with my small coil. My big coil went on the blink. Trashy park...here i come!

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DI99 will tell you about everything in the ground. I use zero disc and this mode will let you know what your coil is over. The important thing is to always circle your target. You will get a low tone and as you circle you may get a high tone. If so this is telling you you have a masked target. Depending on the ID of the low tone and the ID of the high tone. Subtract 5-10 from the high ID. If it is in the range of a good target, dig it. I am the one that got Nokta to add tones and tone breaks to DI4 the latest update. This is a park killer and good for relics as well.

OP
OP
B

bghok

Greenie
Aug 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DI99 will tell you about everything in the ground. I use zero disc and this mode will let you know what your coil is over. The important thing is to always circle your target. You will get a low tone and as you circle you may get a high tone. If so this is telling you you have a masked target. Depending on the ID of the low tone and the ID of the high tone. Subtract 5-10 from the high ID. If it is in the range of a good target, dig it. I am the one that got Nokta to add tones and tone breaks to DI4 the latest update. This is a park killer and good for relics as well.

You did good getting them to add these great features:icon_thumright I am also running with zero disc. The Impact makes it easy to pick out the "good tones".

scribben

Jul 9, 2017
northern ky
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact....... ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i love the impact... i started with a garrett ace350 and just switched to the impact. i'm still fairly new to MD and have been using the vlx2 mode most of the time. most of my hunts are private homes or parks. most of what i find is or has been hidden in iron or other junk the separation has been super!!! What is the main difference between thos 2 modes that gives di99 the edge in your opinion??

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good getting them to add these great features:icon_thumright I am also running with zero disc. The Impact makes it easy to pick out the "good tones".
If you would like my DI4 settings let me know. I would be happy to share. It worked awesome today...

scribben

Jul 9, 2017
northern ky
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact....... ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ran that setup at my local park for a few hours today ... it was super thanks for sharing

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been tweaking the tone breaks and audio tones in DI4 mode yesterday. Here are the settings that are working well for me so far.

Basic Menu
Gain=90
Disc=0
FeVol.=3

Expert Menu
Notch=0
Audio Tones= Fe=15, Gold/Non Fe=40, Non Fe=60 and the last un-boxed=70
Tone breaks= Fe=20, Gold/ Non Fe=68, Non Fe=80

This has been working good and gives a nice rollover audio effect on mixed metals so far. I haven't decided how low to go on the Fe tone break because I have only dug foil balls in the 20's range. I set the Gold/Non Fe at 68 so it gives a 2 tone rollover sound at a Zinc penny. I'm also not sure on the tone break for the Non Fe yet but these settings put everything above Iron into an audio zone, copper into another and silver into another. Please adjust the tones and breaks to your liking. I usually use zero disc in the Settings menu and use the Notch feature in the Expert menu to adjust how much iron I want to hear. This keeps the machine running at its highest sensitivity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions