The "Impact" would be Mine if it was waterproof, VLF and PI in one package.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in the works.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That will be my next machine. The only reason I'm hanging on to my AT Pro is because it's waterproof, but I don't actually use it.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Correction to my post is that I would only want a waterproof version of the Makro Racer 2, I don't need an Impact or PI what have you's. The Makro Racer 2 is perfect machine and having it waterproof would make it Perfecter. :laughing7:

OP
OP
G

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. Witty, could you tell me why the Racer 2 is perfecter for you? I have not run one up to this point. Thanks.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had switched to the Makro Racer after my AT Pro stopped working after a water hunt (since fixed under warranty by Garrett) . I started in 3 tone mode because its a great mode to detect in trashy areas. I was pulling stuff out of the ground that my AT Pro missed, lots of silver. After running a while in 3 tone I switched to 2 tone and started pulling stuff out of the ground from way down. In 2 tone I ignore the VDI readings if they exist at all for the deep stuff. Coins 4-5 inches down scream in 2 tone. Just this past weekend I pulled a 1939 Quarter out of the ground at over 11 inches. No VDI but just a perfect high tone signal. Sure I still pull my share of square nails out of the ground that are really deep and come in high. Lately I've been notching out everything 24 and below and 35 and higher up to 80 so i get the nickel range and the highs. That's how i found the Quarter. If notching out loses depth I haven't seen it on this Racer. Since January I've rescued 76 silver coins. When you use a Racer you can forget about the Lesche hand digger. You're gonna need a Samson especially in 2 tone going after those deep signals.
I'm no where near a pro detectorist, this is only my third Machine and I started in January 2015, but I can tell you that in just this year I've pulled 3 times as much silver than I had in the 2 previous years combined. If you want the Makro or Impact to have all those things you mentioned above, your looking at bringing the price up to levels no longer in line with the Makro price point and that to me is a huge part of what seals the deal for me with this machine. I'd probably pay 100-150 dollars more for a waterproof to 10 feet model of the Makro Racer 2 but that's about it. As for the Impact, I've never swung it, but it seems to have too many settings to fiddle with and that's not something I'd really want. I would think that it would have me second guessing my settings all the time. All I know is that The Makro Racer does what I want with minimal fuss and it does it really really well. If you want to read a fantastic review from a professional Detectorist check out page 2 of this forum and read A Review: Makro Racer 2 Pro Package by Terry Soloman. He knows what he's talking about and I trust his reviews wholeheartedly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread