CTX to Impact

atlanta

Nov 19, 2017
Bishop Auckland UK
Detector(s) used
Impact,CTX,Deus, euroace , and 2 old compass detectors .
Equinox on order .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi new on here . I came from the CTX to the Impact . The impact is well balanced as I don't use a harness now . Easy to use . Change things at the touch of a button . Not having to go into menu then get the right sub menu . My son says I donT dig as much crap with the impact . I would say the impact is deeper as well . I have no regrets coming from a CTX to the Impact . A very versatile machine . I enjoy trying the different programmes . But I have warmed to DI3 you can set it to run hot .Wind the gain up drop the DISC . And you can hear it pulling all the iron . But if you want a easy hunt DI3 fe 0 disc 15 ,Run the gain so it just spits and pops . Even hotter is DEEP, VLX2 .My son found a hoard of Jettons last w/e he hammered the small area 20 m2 . We went back yesterday he id it again with the Deus with the 16 inch col in 8 kHz . So I thougt I would hoover a few things off the area . IN Deep 5 kHz 0 every thing 95 gain . I popped 2 spindal Whorls a bullet, musket ball . and a Jetton . Ran quit canny but was on the noisey side but missed nowt . One Spindal Whorl was 13 inch deep . I am after a cors coil for the impact as we do a lot of old pasture . A 13 inch coil does well as had them on previous machines the ultimate coil had one on my 250 ATP and etrac fantastic coil .So I know a 13 works well up here in the North East UK . Any bigger very hard work as iron infested ground and pulls to much .

Last edited:
OP
OP
WisconsinPirate

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response. I think I spend more time trying to figure out the machine settings than detecting. I really like the idea of not digging as much crap as well. With the CTX I get tones that are junk that should be coins. I have been listening for a difference in the tones between the two and I can not tell the difference. I don't think it should be this difficult and I do not want to have to read a book or pay to go to boot camp to use machine when there are machines out there that are off-the-shelf usable. I was chatting with a gentleman who has a Racer 2 and he loves it. He mentioned the impact and they look like solid machines with the engineering being solid as well. I want to learn the beeps and then just go detecting.

Have you had any maintenance issues yet with the impact?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey WP. I do love my Racer 2 but, have been eyeballing the Impact since I first heard about it. I do believe I am going to get one very soon. I too would rather own a machine I don't have to take college classes to learn how to use. Even then I would probably be doubting that I had the machine properly set for the specific conditions I am hunting. Have you made the switch yet? If I get an Impact I will certainly be posting my finds here on T-net and letting the folks know what I think of it. For now and the little bit of season I have left I will continue hammering it out with my faithful Racer 2. I hope you get whatever works best for you and makes you happy when you're in the field. Having doubts in your mind when detecting can be a real pain in the butt.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own both the CTX3030 and the Impact. Both machines are balanced very well and feel good to me ergonomically. The CTX3030 has more feature such as targets trace, GPS, waterproof and a plethora of others but as far as raw depth and ID capabilities they are pretty close in comparison. At 1/3 the price of the CTX the Impact is a bargain. I was one of the biggest critics of the Turkish machines when they first came out but I think they have set the bar pretty high for their competition in the regards to implementing customer request into their products.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540