Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X pattern is what i use on the simplex, where it crosses is it, on my tesoro with concentric it is the hole always. I am having an issue with pinpointing too on the simplex, i seem to be off a bit mostly.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the help. My Simplex seems to have the 'pointer' point just in front of the stick to the label on the coil, .... a small rectangular area. Way accurate, most times I only need to 'crack' the earth and shove the carrot in to find the metal.

Last edited:

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a tip from someone on YouTube that has worked very well for me. When I locate a target, I wiggle the head to get an approximate spot of where the signal is the strongest (usually about an inch or two wide space). From there, I stay within that space and slowly slide the coil down until I can't hear the signal anymore. Once I've found that spot, the target is at the tip of the top of the coil. If the target is 3-4 inches deep, I pull out my pinpointer to confirm the spot where the target is then dig. If it's deeper (my Garrett Carrot won't spot it beyond that depth), just start digging. This method has saved me an enormous amount of time trying to find the target and I don't have to dig large plugs. You can practice in your backyard by throwing a coin on the ground and using the method. Hope that helps and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread