Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had bought a Fisher F22 which I liked well enough, but I wanted something that had a little more depth. Yeah I could have bought a different coil for the Fisher, but I had watched a couple of videos about the Simplex and was impressed. Thought it was time to add another weapon to the arsenal.

Enter the Simplex! Arrived a couple days ago, and I'm still getting used to it for sure but first impressions are positive. I heard someone in a video review saying that the Simplex provides you with a massive amount of information, and I can understand that now. Instead of filtering out stuff that's too faint to get a number on for example, it still gives you a faint tone to let you know it thought it saw something. The Fisher either beeps or it doesn't. The Simplex gives you a much more nuanced audio signal, though I don't know how to interpret it all yet.

One thing I've quickly figured out: this thing loves it's bottle caps. Good grief have I dug those the last couple of days.

Anyone have tips or suggestions they'd be willing to share? I'm still pretty new to the hobby and haven't used a DD coil before. I've read the manual but it's a little thin on practical advice. Thanks all!

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm finding bottle caps and US Nicles at ID ~ 25
Most times, the quick short beep has been post 1964 coins
Ground balanced ~ 68

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I've quickly figured out: this thing loves it's bottle caps. Good grief have I dug those the last couple of days.

Anyone have tips or suggestions they'd be willing to share? I'm still pretty new to the hobby and haven't used a DD coil before. I've read the manual but it's a little thin on practical advice. Thanks all!

I bought one of those around Christmas,........

I posted about it here:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/624284-simplex-field-testing-results.html

I mention in the post about bottle caps,.... especially flattened ones.

True,...... I was fooled "numerous times", the signal repeated from more
than one direction and most often gave up a number of 90 / 91.

Same as a quarter or a dollar coin.

I did kick a hole in the pull tab collecting,......

I notched out the "70" and the square to it's right, (75).

Dimes come in at about 81, but can be high 70's like 78 or so.
But with a dime, the signal repeats at 90 degrees.

With the pull tabs that come up so loud,.... and at 78 / 68
and numbers in between, (signal won't repeat),......

They suddenly became less when I notched out 70~75.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread