New Simplex
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By CalReg
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 2 Post By 49er12

Thread: New Simplex

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Reg

May 2020
    San Jose, CA
    Tarsacci MDT 8000, Nokta Makro Simplex, Minelab E-Trac
    715 times
    Metal Detecting

New Simplex

Greetings All,

I just received my Simplex in the mail and am itching to take it out tomorrow. I understand there is a software update that upgrades the machines capabilities. My question, should I do the upgrade now before I learn the machine, or should I wait and get the hang of it first?

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    7249 times
    Prospecting
    If it were me, I'd want to be learning on the most current version.

Either way ya decide, let us know how ya do!
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Feb 2004
    Indiana
    6 times
    I received mine yesterday. Took it out in the backyard for a few minutes then came inside and upgraded. Sort of wish now I would have checked it out more on the previous version just so I could compare the upgrades more but....that's just me. For learning I'm with Dizzy. I'll want to learn the on the current version (which I'm sure they will upgrade as soon as I learn it).

Charter Member
    us
    Reg

May 2020
    San Jose, CA
    Tarsacci MDT 8000, Nokta Makro Simplex, Minelab E-Trac
    715 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks dodge92, I took mine out to the backyard too. It didn't seem too complicated to work, but it was very chatty. I tried to ground balance it and lower the sensitivity, which seemed to help, but it didn't eliminate all the noise. I think I'm going to hold off on the upgrade for at least a week to learn the machine, then upgrade. Good luck to you with your machine too!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
    35155 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Hello CalReg,

The upgrade is very good. I upgraded to the v2.76 the latest v.2.77 I did not need the changes. They need to address the issue of increasing the user selection of number of tones (3, 4, 5...20) for each mode. What they have is not very good for tone hunter like me and being spoiled by Minelab tones for many years. I firmly believe if they make the tone changes and an ON/OFF Pin Point function they will crush the competition for the $ 300 - $ 350 price with all the current features. I have 200+ hours on the machine and know it very well.

Doc
    CalReg likes this.

us
    Sales

Aug 2013
    Western Pennsylvania
    Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
    755 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I suggest to anyone getting into this hobby, you have limited funds, this is the cheapest best machine out there now including the continuation of updates, don’t even think twice purchase it either 254.00 without headphone or I think 339.00 with. Even if you put in closet and don’t use much, get it now, everyone knows it’s very good at this price, thankyou

Sponsored Links