Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it were me, I'd want to be learning on the most current version.

Either way ya decide, let us know how ya do! :occasion14:

dodge92

Greenie
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
I received mine yesterday. Took it out in the backyard for a few minutes then came inside and upgraded. Sort of wish now I would have checked it out more on the previous version just so I could compare the upgrades more but....that's just me. For learning I'm with Dizzy. I'll want to learn the on the current version (which I'm sure they will upgrade as soon as I learn it).

OP
OP
C

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks dodge92, I took mine out to the backyard too. It didn't seem too complicated to work, but it was very chatty. I tried to ground balance it and lower the sensitivity, which seemed to help, but it didn't eliminate all the noise. I think I'm going to hold off on the upgrade for at least a week to learn the machine, then upgrade. Good luck to you with your machine too!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello CalReg,

The upgrade is very good. I upgraded to the v2.76 the latest v.2.77 I did not need the changes. They need to address the issue of increasing the user selection of number of tones (3, 4, 5...20) for each mode. What they have is not very good for tone hunter like me and being spoiled by Minelab tones for many years. I firmly believe if they make the tone changes and an ON/OFF Pin Point function they will crush the competition for the $ 300 - $ 350 price with all the current features. I have 200+ hours on the machine and know it very well.

Doc

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest to anyone getting into this hobby, you have limited funds, this is the cheapest best machine out there now including the continuation of updates, don’t even think twice purchase it either 254.00 without headphone or I think 339.00 with. Even if you put in closet and don’t use much, get it now, everyone knows it’s very good at this price, thankyou

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread