heart attack oh my

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went in for a stress test for my heart and it went bad. Instead of the treadmill they gave me drugs to check my heart. After a while my chest got tight and could not breath. They asked me from 1 to 10 how bad is it. 11 i replied.:icon_scratch: At that time everyone started running and i got a hit of NITRO. Didnt panic but i asked what just happened. they finally told me it was a mild heart attack.??? Well thats not what they told my wife they said it was bad. This is the best part i drove home and drank 2 beers. The Warden says i dont have a heart. YEA RIGHT.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Try to kill ya right there I guess would be a good stress test.
They could have given ya beer there though . Especially if your goin to have an attack you might as well enjoy goin out,right?:laughing7:
Hang in there..

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to kill ya right there I guess would be a good stress test.
They could have given ya beer there though . Especially if your goin to have an attack you might as well enjoy goin out,right?:laughing7:
Hang in there..
yupp thanks

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have lit a cigarette too... death can kiss my butt.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey... if you have another one while out detecting, is it possible to whack yourself with your detector?

You might have to pull a couple of coil wires loose, and then hit the pinpoint feature a couple of times- but it may work...

Glad you are still with us.

S

stefen

Might want to get a lap dance or two, and watch yur blood pressure top out...

That is if yur able to see because of stretched skin...:laughing7:

But then again, you could just hang in there...

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
going in for more tests today to see if i need a stint or bypass

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well here i am in the hospital waiting quadruple by pass. hope i make it

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was all a conspiracy! They initiated a heart attack in you just so they could make all that extra emergency money! Did they prescribe you anything..... uh huh! See? HAHAHA

Take Care - Mike

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went in for a stress test for my heart and it went bad. Instead of the treadmill they gave me drugs to check my heart. After a while my chest got tight and could not breath. They asked me from 1 to 10 how bad is it. 11 i replied.:icon_scratch: At that time everyone started running and i got a hit of NITRO. Didnt panic but i asked what just happened. they finally told me it was a mild heart attack.??? Well thats not what they told my wife they said it was bad. This is the best part i drove home and drank 2 beers. The Warden says i dont have a heart. YEA RIGHT.
================================================
I am 57 now and I gotta tell ya man. FROM EXPERIENCE
I NEVER do the drug part when I have to go for a stress test. For the exact reason in your original post.
ALWAYS I complete the treadmill, no matter how out of shape I am.
Ya just gotta close your eyes and have consistent, controlled breathing.
The walking will get your rate up, all you gotta do is maintain it for 5 MINUTES.
I have had 5 attacks now. One (on my 50th birthday) actually killed me for 14 minutes.
At this point in time, (just had stress test last week actually)
My heart is in excellent condition for a man my age and weight (130#)
My cholesterol is excellent and there are no blockages and plaque is between 10 - 40 as an average.
Sorry bout the wall of words but get out there and walk my friend. That is all I did and do (have a desk job), and my issues pretty much cleared up.
GOOD LUCK

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Post some hot nurse pictures while you are waiting...

And get a sponge bath. (no pictures of that please)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

That was yesterday, and all we can do is wait - plus a little prayer for full recovery.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need to bump you up from double A to a D cell!!! Good Luck, hope all turns out and your back detecting soon! :occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my doctor sent me to a Cardiologist who wanted me to do one of those drug induced Stress tests 2 Years ago. he said I would be Lying down for it
in one of them Chambers.

I said no. after 2 to 3 Visits of them pesting me, I finally said I must have been Miraculously cured.
No pain anymore, Just to shut him up.

I'll never admit to them again I get out of Breath Climbing Stairs.
even if they are at the top watching my laying at the bottom.

Last stress test I did was maybe 10 years ago on a treadmill .
Ended up the same way. After 60 seconds or So I was holding back wanting to Cry the pain was so bad.
shortly after & 2 Nitros later , I had pain for the next week or more :(
No more Stress Tests for Me.

If I can swing my detector I'm Happy !
there is No stress While detecting.
well.. Maybe... But after catching my breath, it is good stress in the long run.

anyway good luck on a Fast recovery :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post some hot nurse pictures while you are waiting...

And get a sponge bath. (no pictures of that please)

going for pre wash now

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there aa battery! You know we love you!
I gotta a great malpractice attorney! We'll talk later.....

eta: oh, hope she's pretty!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa surgery went well. woke him at 5pm last night and got the breathing tube out. he was able to talk right away. that was a good sign. if he can talk he is fine. he ate this morning. unhooked from everything. moving to a room soon. virginia

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa surgery went well. woke him at 5pm last night and got the breathing tube out. he was able to talk right away. that was a good sign. if he can talk he is fine. he ate this morning. unhooked from everything. moving to a room soon. virginia

Tell him Treasurenet wishes him quick recovery...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread