Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately, California still classifies him as a charitable organization so he’s exempt from most taxes and restrictions. However if his rainier poop while flying, the county it lands in does charge him an environmental hazardous material cleanup and disposal fee....unless it’s Los Angeles county. Poop on the ground is commonplace there so they don’t much care.

Last

Reindeer poop is not Hazardous Material,, it is considered "Infectious Waste"
It can cause Spiro Giro of The Blowhole.
Last

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m in California for two reasons. Fist of all, the utter plethora of things to do, places to go, culture and fun. Secondly, in my professon here I make over twice the amount than those in my profession make in midwest and east coast states. At age 55 I can retire with 100% pay, and that will increase if I decide to work longer. Then after I retire, if I choose to move to a different state I will be sitting pretty.

Right now I am sitting pretty in LAST.
I totally agree. NYC pays a much higher wage than what most people in other states make. My pension has put me in a very comfortable place. My mortgage in Port Allegheny is one third of what my rent was in NYC.
Only one thing I disagree with. You are not last!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But what about the cost of living? Not arguing against your choices really. I can buy a nice home, big yard for payments less than the rent on a closet in NY.
I couldn't take the concrete in NY. California hss a lot of appeal but for the people there. And laws and rules.
Valley, I thought of a way you could make a fortune. Capture a couple of homeless people(no one would notice them missing). Hold them in a cellar with canvas spread around. Feed them crayons. Collect the results and sell as art. Once they fill a quota of art pieces give them some good food and medication. Then put them back on crayons.
You're welcome.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But what about the cost of living? Not arguing against your choices really. I can buy a nice home, big yard for payments less than the rent on a closet in NY.

Three years ago I had a 2258 sq ft home built on a quarter acre lot for a total of $325,000. In my development they are now going for close to $400,000. I put a heafty chunk down so my monthly strokes are only $1,250. I make three extra payments a year toward the principle, so I’m hoping to have it close to being paid off by retirement. If all goes to plan, I’ll be debt free when I pull the plug at work.

Sure, taxes are a tad higher here than other places, but still not too bad. Sales tax in my city is 8.75%. Gas is $2.99 right now, so it’s high. But other than that, there really aren’t any additional expenses for living here.

Last

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ain't too far from the truth in NYC.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1542001276228.jpg
    FB_IMG_1542001276228.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 36

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three years ago I had a 2258 sq ft home built on a quarter acre lot for a total of $325,000. In my development they are now going for close to $400,000. I put a heafty chunk down so my monthly strokes are only $1,250. I make three extra payments a year toward the principle, so I’m hoping to have it close to being paid off by retirement. If all goes to plan, I’ll be debt free when I pull the plug at work.

Sure, taxes are a tad higher here than other places, but still not too bad. Sales tax in my city is 8.75%. Gas is $2.99 right now, so it’s high. But other than that, there really aren’t any additional expenses for living here.

Last
A lady here in Michigan I know purchased a house in Cali in the early 1980's....her and her husband lived there until he passed about 10 yrs ago and she sold. She paid little and sold for just over 1 million because the area and property was desired. She said the house was torn down....lol. she bought 4 houses in our area.
Last

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last week I was over at the coast and saw a for sale sign for a 780 sq foot house that was literally in between two warehouses in an industrial area. Totally run down. BUT, it had an ocean view. It was listed at $1.2 million and had three couples looking at it during the open house. Ridiculous. My house in the Bay Area or some places in L. A. would be millions of dollars. Location, location location.

Last

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last

How much is a gallon of milk?
200k would put you in a big chunk of land and house here. But you got to be making good money. May all even out. I guess it depends on what you like.
As far as culture there is theatre, art, clubs, whatever an hour away from me. Peole may find it hard to believe but there is a huge gay community in Springfield. Nobody cares. Live and let live. aAlthough I loathe that word community used with anything.
Wonder if Woodsy would be down for eating crayons?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!!! Maybe now you can send me the cookies you promised.

He's too good for us now. We are the riff-raff.
New houses in CA got to have solar panels, sdding to cost. If you sold a house for a million how much would you actually get in CA?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want my dang Last Cookies, Scrooge McWind. It's the principle of the thing. I will give mine to Sam under his bridge. He got a job as a troll.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New houses in CA got to have solar panels, sdding to cost. If you sold a house for a million how much would you actually get in CA?

Sales commission is about 6%, but it can be negotiated to 5%, so that does eat into the profit. Up to $500,000 of any profit on a house sold (for a married couple) is tax free. And yes, solar panels are now required on new houses. Fortunately I got mine before they were mandated. The houses are so energy efficient though, my electric / gas bill averages $100 a month. It’s just me and my wife so we don’t use that much.

Last

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now that we are past the winter solstice,, what are you guys doing with that extra minute of daylight that you're getting each day?

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now that we are past the winter solstice,, what are you guys doing with that extra minute of daylight that you're getting each day?
I spent mine driving today....but tomorrow I'm really gonna enjoy that minute and count to 60.....that would equal 1 minute for the Hillbilly impaired.
Last

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread