Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some days I have a lot of energy and some days,, not so much. There are numerous indoor projects that need to be done. The previous owner did nothing.
I'm installing a downstairs bathroom. I already took down a wall between the back door hallway and a extension that was added onto the house 25 years ago. The ceiling between these two rooms needed insulation. Today I got that done. I also installed weather stripping around the upstairs hallway window as well as the backdoor. I have one more area in the basement where I have found a draft. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow. Right now it's time for a burger.
Last.

Last edited:

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say you have more energy than most. Drafts cost a lot of $$$$
Last

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fried chicken, potato salad and cole slaw kinda night.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, and it's a give, that you use more gas in the winter to heat your home. This has been a pretty cold winter so far. It's my first winter in this house so I should get a worst case scenario as to how much it costs to get through the winter.
Last

CivilWarSaver

Sep 28, 2017
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Technetics Delta 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515195653.417374.jpg

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear my lazyboy recliner calling me

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's suppose to get to -15 tonight here....but a warm front is coming....could be in the 40's next Thursday!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some days I have a lot of energy and some days,, not so much. There are numerous indoor projects that need to be done. The previous owner did nothing.
I'm installing a downstairs bathroom. I already took down a wall between the back door hallway and a extension that was added onto the house 25 years ago. The ceiling between these two rooms needed insulation. Today I got that done. I also installed weather stripping around the upstairs hallway window as well as the backdoor. I have one more area in the basement where I have found a draft. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow. Right now it's time for a burger.
Last.
We hope that you did not pay a lot for that house. You put a lot of sweat and money into it. Good for you.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did those kitten mitten's fit Sam? I bet they are warm.
Last

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We hope that you did not pay a lot for that house. You put a lot of sweat and money into it. Good for you.

Sam, I think if the guy I bought the house from had maintained it for the10 years he owned it, it would be worth every penny I bought it for. The house was built in 1905. Property has to be maintained, regardless of how old or young it is.
I also have 8.6 acres. What I'm paying monthly for mortgage, gas, and electric comes out to half of what my rent was in NYC. I'm just grateful that I have the knowledge and abilities to do the repairs, maintenance, and alterations.
Last

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread