Boy what did we human beings do to this earth - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Boy what did we human beings do to this earth

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopperstax View Post
    I'm with you 49er. We humans are completely destroying the planet. We can change our lifestyle habits: (eat less animal products, consume less stuff, drive less, recycle more, etc. ) We can un-elect the imbeciles running our country who want to take away regulations affecting the air we breath (that have saved millions of lives by reducing pollution) change to cleaner energy which is completely possible.... Americans are a small part of the world population but we use the most resources and play a large role in messing it up for other people around the world. The rest of the world want our lifestyle. As greedy as it sounds if everyone lived our lifestyle (with basic things like cars, televisions and refrigerators) the planet would go kaput. The thing that I try to wrap my head around is that I pull all this garbage out of the ground where it is litter, and when I dump it in a trash can it goes somewhere else... where that is I don't know but it probably gets burned (creating more pollution) or put in a landfill (essentially it is reburied somewhere else). A small portion of it goes to my club that collects scrap metal.
    garbage, like reading scat, can inform
    where does garbage originate?
    what is (considered) garbage?
    is garbage the product of a (particular) political system?
    what is the relationship between garbage and economics?

That we, meaning the US, live in a throw-away society is well known; we pitch objects, people, societies, - everything we don't like (or cannot make a profit from) - into the garbage.
    Recycle? only old spent politicians, he he, and we re-elect them over and over because they help us do what we are unable to understand

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    7971 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    a near pass by lPlanet X makes man's efforts to degrade the planet seem like nothing.
    BillA likes this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1667 times
    yea RoT, but when?
    Last edited by BillA; May 15, 2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spflng

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    5913 times
    You all ever notice the fact that the poorer a people are, the more garbage laying around the street? It's true.

Yet here you are in the greatest , cleanest country in the free world complaining that your very own car, your very own refrigerator, your very own television is ruining the planet and all the while lamenting that some others do without.

So let me ask you this- how much garbage is there in YOUR street?
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    . . . .
    Yet here you are in the greatest , cleanest country in the free world . . . .
    It is obvious you have not traveled to Europe. I went to school in Switzerland 50 years ago and their "standard of living" was even then noticeably 'better' than the US, and still is so. A us quarter was silver, and so was the swiss franc; and both the same size and worth the same. Clean streets? Yes then, and still today.

(Deleted by mod for rule infraction)
    Wikipendejo
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 17, 2019 at 08:24 AM. Reason: politics

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30449 times
    Remember no politics.
    BillA and DizzyDigger like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1667 times
    lol, don't even recall what was deleted - will try to pay attention

edit: no, I spoke of economics; do not agree

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    5913 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    It is obvious you have not traveled to Europe. I went to school in Switzerland 50 years ago and their "standard of living" was even then noticeably 'better' than the US, and still is so. A us quarter was silver, and so was the swiss franc; and both the same size and worth the same. Clean streets? Yes then, and still today.

(Deleted by mod for rule infraction)
    Wikipendejo
    I have not traveled to Europe, but my brother's wife flew back through Heathrow a couple months ago. She said, and I quote, "what a $#!+hole that place turned into! I'm never going there again!".

In God We Trust

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1667 times
    with the recent immigrants to Europe I'm not surprised a bit
    at base it is an educational problem, many many steps up the ladder

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30449 times
    lol, don't even recall what was deleted - will try to pay attention

edit: no, I spoke of economics; do not agree
    Your comment about our military is what was deleted.
    BillA likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jan 2013
    Maryland
    Bounty Hunter
    1409 times
    Metal Detecting
    eat, drink, and be merry
    for tomorrow we shall die

(not original BTW)
    I always thought it was, "Eat, drink, and be merry
    for tomorrow we diet."
    BillA likes this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1667 times
    lol, good one
    single letter (omission), a copy error
    Last edited by BillA; May 17, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

us
    Nov 2003
    Orange Co. NY
    White's xlt,Tesoro Silver umax, and Compadre.
    42 times
    Subscribe to "Mother Earth News". When finished with an issue leave it at a doctor's office, or keep one in your car and hand it to the guy that throws his empty water bottle to the ground in front of his toddler son at the entrance to an hiking trail.
    Last edited by solx nys; May 23, 2019 at 09:03 PM.
    You know it's a good day when you not only have surface finds of Pulltabs, but pull two out of the same hole.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2828 times
    The earth does well! Until we start trying to manage things.

God as my witness! In the early 90s I used to carry a nylon laundry bag and pick up trash on the hike back up from the beach. One day as I was dumping it (a real full bag this day) into the trash can by the road a "State Park Ranger" pulls up hops out and asked me not to do that!?!? I explained it was trash from the trail, why shouldn't I dump it in the can? His response? Kid (<edited to a family friendly word) you not!!!! "You're filling up the can so others can't use it". Well, how about putting two cans there dufus? And there ya go! Look who's managing things! Like I've said, "Common sense should be classed as a super power since it's so very rare."
    Duckshot and Hillbilly Prince like this.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    5913 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    The earth does well! Until we start trying to manage things.

God as my witness! In the early 90s I used to carry a nylon laundry bag and pick up trash on the hike back up from the beach. One day as I was dumping it (a real full bag this day) into the trash can by the road a "State Park Ranger" pulls up hops out and asked me not to do that!?!? I explained it was trash from the trail, why shouldn't I dump it in the can? His response? Kid (<edited to a family friendly word) you not!!!! "You're filling up the can so others can't use it". Well, how about putting two cans there dufus? And there ya go! Look who's managing things! Like I've said, "Common sense should be classed as a super power since it's so very rare."
    "Ya' eh? Should I dump the other people's trash I just picked up back into the woods so that other people will have the opportunity to use the garbage can even though they just toss thier junk in the woods anyways? How 'bout dat? Hey- isn't it your job to empty the garbage cans? And what about the people who don't use the garbage can and toss their junk into the woods? Where are you on that one? Are you sure you work here? Let me see som I.D.."

Man, I would have made that ranger into a hobby.
    Hillbilly Prince and Meadow like this.

In God We Trust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links