Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are amazing, Stories in stone. I hope they are protected. Have not seen those thank you for sharing them.
TnMountains

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes thanks ive not seen it either,please tell the youth about it,and how they should respect it as not to carve thier own art into it. jamey

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
RGINN,
Good images! I added a few more of the photos I took this week in Picture Canyon, Colorado. I'm sure you've probably seen these but I thought I'd post them for anybody else to see.
Hope to see your son in a week or two. If he's tight-lipped about the history of Red Rock, we'll talk snakes.
Thanks for the photos,
docmann

Attachments

• Horse.JPG
    Horse.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 289
  • Pictoglyph1.GIF
    Pictoglyph1.GIF
    163.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Pictoglyph2.GIF
    Pictoglyph2.GIF
    51.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Pictoglyph3.GIF
    Pictoglyph3.GIF
    254.8 KB · Views: 304
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good photos Docmann. The first one looks Etruscan or something in style. Here's another shot from Utah. You have to look at it sideways. These have survived remarkably well considering their location. The government put up a little sign saying they were protected and that's about all that's guarding them.

Attachments

• utah 1.JPG
    utah 1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 244

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
Those are very cool, too bad certain people feel the need to leave their own marks on them. Took my family to visit Jeffers Petroglyphs here in Minnesota a while ago. Very cool place, if you ever get the chance, check it out.

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
RGINN,
Nice image. I had it upside down for a minute but left side up makes more sense. Would be interested to know if there was any meaning to the glyphs or it they were just art or human figures. At any rate, nice shot. Thanks,
doc

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am-ark, I know exactly where you're coming from. There's many place in parks in Co. and Utah where you can see these. I just wanted to find one on my own. I stopped everywhere I could along the Colorado River from Moab to Colorado and found this one. It was a pretty cool feeling when I spotted it along the side of the road. OK, it's well known, and you can even buy a T-shirt with the same symbols on it on the internet, but I found it on my own, so it was cool. I don't like the graffiti that defaces historic markings. But I have to wonder, if I would have carved out "Big Daddy, 2009", in 2000 years would people be fighting to protect that marking? I couldn't imagine the interpretations assigned to it. I'm not advocating defacing historical sites. Go somewhere else and find a brand new rock. Even though it's wrong, how is present day carving different than what took place before? It probably has the same significance. Stealing the carvings is a whole different thing. But, if you were to carve your name, to my way of thinking, if you could hold out in a 1000 years you would be exonerated, pardoned, conviction overturned, and possibly reimbursed for time served.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread