Few darts from a middle of the road site.

A

Atlantis0077

Attachments

• 032309.jpg
    032309.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
S

seger98

I think they are all pretty grand! Nice finds! :thumbsup:

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
cool, some La. materials and types, great finds Atlantis, the kirk like beauty to the far right is a fine example, interesting lithics down your way, congrats

OP
OP
A

Atlantis0077

Afternoon,

That one appears made of novaculite. Yep Louisiana doesnt have tons of the really huge points, but we don have a vast variety of point types, and some nicely made stuff.

HH,

Atlantis

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Hell. I would say you did really good. John

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If those are your modest finds then... you are going to kill us with your spectacular finds.
Congratulations and keep digging. :notworthy:
TnMountains

josh34

Jul 11, 2006
Nice finds, I like that corner notch on the far right. How is the lake level on Toledo Bend?, looks like ya'll have got a good amount of rain lately. I'm heading upt to east tx in a couple of weeks, hopefully the rain washed out some stuff from the shorelines.

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Hey Atlantis,
Hows it going? Hope all is well, and if you ask me the point at 11 o'clock is the most unique of them all. Looks like a flake knife that was worked into a point. Is it uni-faced, or worked on both sides? Nice finds all of them, but that one is my favorite. Thanks for posting them !

badandy

OP
OP
A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Hey Josh....yes Toledo Bend is as they say .."lip lapping full"....we had another 3 inches last night as well as a funnel cloud or two and some high wind and hail....repeat tomorrow. Wont be finding anything there for many months. There is NO shoreline...lol

Things are going great here in cajun land except for this bout of bad weather. Yep, its worked on both sides...the large flake at the base seems to have been damage or a mistake in manufacture. I scanned it both sides for you to look at. It has a slight curvature so was probably some type of knife. This place is on a small overlook next to a slough. There is some type of mineralization in the soil that stains the points with black and brown mottling. Its nearly impossible to remove...guess you just leave it and call it patina, but on a really pretty point I find it distracting.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

Attachments

• spike1.jpg
    spike1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 169
  • spike2.jpg
    spike2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 168

josh34

Jul 11, 2006
Hey Atlantis, you could head a little south, Rayburn's still 4ft low, although it will probably come up a little, there's more rain heading that way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread