Recent personal finds from West Virginia.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alot of good ones,some are like the ones from here.how far are you from charelston w va.i plan on hunting there soon. jamey

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man thats three good hunts. Did the plow get many? Its all going to no plow here. Drilled and planted. Nice finds thirty7.
TnMountains

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
jamey, probably 150 miles or so from Charleston, southeast part of the state, good luck in Charleston, paleo rich area, been meaning to get over there soon.

Tn, appreciate it, the plow gets its fair share, usually see bigger stuff chunked up, stone tools, larger preforms, etc. It seems like these smaller ones escape damage, although I found plenty of heartbreakers too.

thanks Unitas, good luck to you and everyone else too.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks 37 the place i know is blawkhawk holler,we own land there,its right off kanawa river jamey

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
jamey, I've acquired some real nice artifacts found along and in the kanawha river. My hunting buddy found two crowfield points about 200 yards from the river on a bluff that overlooks the kanawha. Ever do any digging on that property?

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Noodle, I'm leaning towards hardaway, or dalton varient myself, I know some pinetrees have a concave base, but they seem to be rare around here. Every one I've found has a straight base.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi 37 no i havent even looked for a point on it.i would like to invite you to hunt it with me this summer.as far as i know no one has my dad didnt and he said niether did his dad or brothers jamey

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
you have been doing some good huntin Thirty7.real nice finds.not sure on point type,but im leaning to a" van lott" point.those auricles on your piece got me lookin at different types.let me know what you think?thx for sharing your finds.

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!! One of these days I am going to have to try my hand at a field hunt. All of my stuff is from along the river and up on the trails on the higher ground. Thanks for sharing those and I can't wait to see more.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds 37. I would say Charleston Pinetree, Its definetly not a Hardaway~Dalton..
Savanah Rivers originate in GA, but thats mostly what I find here in NC, I don't think distance matters with some types. JMHO though, I'm still learning types.

Molly.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Jamey, thanks for the invite, sounds good, I'll start researching the area in depth and try to find some other spots in the area. I know a couple hunters who are familiar with the area. I'll stry to glean as much info as possible from them, they know the entire state like the back of their hand.

greg rocks, appreciate the comments, I was unfamiliar with the type until you suggested it looks like a match, same base and form, and very similiar flaking (micro serrations). Mollys suggestion of Charleston pine tree is looking pretty close as well, this piece has slight beveling from resharpening may suggest van lott, it's the dreaded archaic corner notch, lol, thanks for the help.

appreciate the comments, airborne, pinellas, and muddy. good luck everyone, HH, Ryan

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sounds good 37,and ill get the property line figured out,no roads going up to the property so its got to be a good spot.lot of my family live around there also.i bet west virgina would want to tax ya on what you find on your property though,lol jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks 37 i know some of those areas pretty good.mentioned salt being close by the property,that means early indians might have followed the animals there,maybe not on the post you put up but on one i read ,as im reading also.im going to talk to my uncle,lived on the hill all his life,see if he saw anything,he told me where to go metal detecking one time and i had a 1889 dime in ten minn.blue creek was the spot jamey
ps on nashville craigslist a guy has a huge collection for sale,i saw that you buy them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread