larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been lucky enough to find a couple of the bird bones from which this certain type of bead is made from
the images will show the bone bead stock on the right from which several beads have been cut depending on the length desired
the beads on the left are in no way intended to be from the same piece of bone stock but are of the same type
I hope this is interesting to some of the forum members and I am sure a lot of you guys have seen more of these than I have
never the less here we go
I thank you in advance for your comments
these have been found walking the surface after a hard rain, they are to hard to see from the tractor
can you see the cut marks on the left side of the lower right bone? (you have to look close)

The 2nd image I have just added seems to show some one was making a long bead and must not have scored it deep enough
to make clean break which would lend itself to finishing by polishing the ends
so they maybe got ticked off and cussed a little and started over on something else, ya think?
I have placed a long bead below the example to show what I think they were going for, any one else agree with this thinking??

Attachments

• 100_4685.jpg
    100_4685.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 100_4709.jpg
    100_4709.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 0
F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Re: bead stock and unfinished bead

Larson, If I was you I would get rid of those. Bad- Mo- Jo. If you know what I mean. I will send you my address and you can drop them off at the post office as soon as possable.. ::) :tongue3: :thumbsup: Good stuff. John

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN

You are posting things that I have never seen before. Very interesting stuff, keep it comming.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Flintfinder of Mo. said:
Larson, If I was you I would get rid of those. Bad- Mo- Jo. If you know what I mean. I will send you my address and you can drop them off at the post office as soon as possable.. ::) :tongue3: :thumbsup: Good stuff. John

Now that was funny on the Mo-jo. I am with John and will send my address.
Nice beads. Larson the only ones I find are small shell and not many of those.
Thanks for showing.
TnMtns

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)

i agree with flintfinder and tn, i too can help with the bad mo jo. you see i aquired a special storage unit for the bad stuff, it is comprised of wood foam and glass. works wonders:) great finds, you know some people charge and let others detect civil war battle fields and camps on thier property......................hint hint

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure he is still looking for missing pieces.if i spent half my life putting the clues together i would not want to see a piece go,no matter how much i could charge, jamey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread