The flint was shining today.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
After about 4 inches of rain I decided to spend a good day of hunting several of my spots. Got a few insitus before my battery died. Found a bunch of uniface flake tools, and scrapers, some points, and some hardstone, a nice polished mano, and two preforms. I found the two early auriculate base heartbreakers within a couple feet of each other, tough to stomach those beauties. The little crystal graver and quartzite tool are cool artifacts imo. Lots of brokes but overall a good day. HH

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice day. I bet you were on high alert seeing all that shiny flint. Nice in-situs. You came away with some good pieces nice hunt Thirty7

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Strong work, T7!
Kinda makes all that rain seem worthwhile, huh?
Is that a knife blade in the upper right-hand corner of the first photo? Nice cross-section of worked material.
Little rain here but not that kind of results!
Doc

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
Nice finds- What do you make of the 'stones' in the last photo ?

Were these found creek side or in an open field and what kind of material are they ?

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Fla-Gal said:
Nice finds- What do you make of the 'stones' in the last photo ?

Were these found creek side or in an open field and what kind of material are they ?

Hey Fla gal, these were found above the second tier of a creek in a field. The first piece on the left is a mano or grinding stone, it's some type of coarse grained stone that has an overall polish, these were used with metates for grinding grains, herbs , etc. The other two look like strange rocks, but imo are preforms for larger tools like celts, adzes, chisels, etc. What distinguishes them from being just stones is that both have pecked and polished areas that indicate they were altered by man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions